13- Meet Mr. and Mrs. Smith

"D-Daniella let's go inside"

I turned my head towards Ken who was still visibly shaking from our ride. I almost chuckled. Seriously, what is wrong with him? It's not like i was riding like the Ghost Rider. Well, yeah, maybe a little bit.

I nodded my head at him and followed him to the front of his house. I stopped on my tracks as i realized something.

"Wait. Is your parents home?" I asked. Ken turned around and faced me, his brows furrowing as he cocked his head to the side.

"Yes. Why do you ask?" He asked.

What the fuck. Why didn't i think of this before? I knew that with all the rumors spreading, his parents must know who the fuck I am. That i'm a bad influence or something like that and they'll forbid him to hang with him. This always happens. Always.

"Maybe I should go" I was about to turn around and leave when suddenly the front door opens and an auburn haired woman in her thirties came into view. She has icy blue eyes and has the same nose and lips Ken had. She's wearing a floral dress. Suddenly, realization hit me. Ken's mother.

She looked at her son and then to me with a large smile etched on her face. She suddenly runs toward me and i stepped back involuntarily. What she did was the unthinkable. She hugged me. The smell of roses hit my nose and i relaxed. A moment later of her hugging me and me standing there awkwardly as i slightly pat her back because i don't know how to damn react, she released me and looked at me.

"Hi!I am Sheena Smith, Ken's mother" she introduced as she held her hand at me. I looked at her hand for a second and reluctantly shook it. This is the opposite of what i was expecting. I expected her to freak out and call me names and shoo me away then forbid Ken to ever see me again. Didn't she noticed my tattoes? My piercings?

"I'm Daniella" i introduced myself as i broke my hold with her hand. Her smile grow wider at the mention of my name.

"Oh, so you must be the one Ken's been talking about! You're the one he's currently tutoring, right?" She asked excitedly. I just nodded reluctantly. She squealed and clapped her hands like a kid.

"Oh my God. Thank you! Thank you very much! You don't know how grateful we are to you!" She says happily, her eyes gleaming with genuine happiness. I just smiled back. I really don't know how to act with these kind of people. Must be because i seldom encounter someone like her, i mean never. My expression darkens and i felt bitter. Only my mom treated me like this. Gave me this genuine smile. I still remember the look of happiness in her eyes. How she treated me lovingly and all that. But when she was gone. I've never felt that before. All the others was just fucking fake.

Ken cleared his throat and looked at her mom.

"Um. Mom. I think we should head inside" Ken suggested motioning his head towards the door.

"Oh yes. Yes. How rude of me. Come dear, let's go inside and have dinner" she says sweetly as she guided me through the front door. I suddenly felt somehow excited and nervous. I hadn't had dinner with someone. I always eat alone and just order pizza. I wonder how it would feel again.

As soon as we enter their house the warmth and the smell of foods welcomed me. I breathe it in and felt a sense of relaxation. I scanned my eyes in their living room which consists of a small cushion sofa but still comfortable and a flat screen TV and a few decorations. There's also a stair leading to the second floor. This is my first time in their house. Well, not really because I already got in Ken's room but not this part of the house. In the corner, a man sitting on a rocking chair holding a newspaper gave me a smile. The man noticed my heavily tatooed arm and my piercings but his smile didn't falter. He stood up and approached me. He was wearing a V neck shirt and some blue pants. He has the same brown hair and coffee eyes Ken had. Must be his father.

"Hi. I'm Clark Smith" he introduced holding his hand out.

"I'm Daniella" i introduced as i shook his hand and flashed him a small smile.

"I never thought Ken has a capability of having a girlfriend, especially a gorgeous one" he muses grinning. I heard someone cough and looked at Ken who was blushing hard. I let out a small chuckle.

"Dad!" Ken whined feeling embarassed.

"Oh honey. She's the one Ken's been tutoring. Didn't i tell you?" Mrs. Smith interrupted folding her arms over her chest.

"I know" Mr. Smith smirks while looking at his son's embarassed face. They really are a somewhat strange family. Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Come to think of it, it's like the movie starring Angelina Jolie.

Ken glared at his father who just laughed.

"Boys" Mrs. Smith muttered under her breath and rolled her eyes.

"Okay. Enough with the fighting. Come, let's eat dinner" Mrs. Smith interrupted their staring contest. And by the sound of dinner, the two automatically looks at Mrs. Smith and their face lightens up identically.

"Yes!" They both chorused and fist bumped the air.

"But no desserts for you Clark" Mrs. Smith deadpanned. Mr. Smith's face fell and Ken looked at him with a smirk.

"You've got to be kidding me" Mr. Smith groaned. Ken stuck his tongue out at his father.

"And you too Ken" Mrs. Smith announces. Ken paled and his face fell similarly like Mr. Smith's.

"Whyyyyyyyyyyy?" Ken whined throwing his hands in the air. It was now Mr. Smith's turn to stuck his tongue out at his son. I laughed at their childishness.

"You know why. Now, if you two keep on behaving like that in front of our guest i will make it two weeks with no desserts" Mrs. Smith warned and the two immediately pursed their lips and stood straight.

"Good. Now then. Let's have dinner" Mrs. Smith announced happily clapping her hands. She guided me to their dining table as the two followed muttering "Your fault" to each other.

**************************************

So, what'ya think?