34- Love is like shit

~Daniella~

I tapped my shoes on the ground as I looked at my cellphone looking at the time.

Where is Ken?

Ken told me to wait for him at the front of our gate because he'll get me and we will go somewhere. But he's like 28 minutes late---yes, I counted.

Suddenly, I heard an engine of a bike nearing. I looked up and saw my one and only boyfriend driving a Harley Davidson. He parked in front of me and smiled.

"Good morning, girlfriend" he greets smirking at my awed face. Okay, I still can't believe we're official and now I also can't believe he's also driving a bike now. Last time I remembered him cursing and swearing at my bike for being a death machine and now he's driving it, without a helmet.

"What are you waiting for? Hop in, munchkin" He says restarting the engine again.

"When did you start driving a bike?" I ask first.

"Few hours ago, learned from YouTube" He answered casually.

"Did your mom know about this?" I ask again still unbelieving.

"Well, yeah. She was the one who bought me this bike yesterday. Correction--forced her to buy me this bike" Ken says wiggling his eyebrows.

"Now, come on" he urged shaking the bike. Should I trust him to drive? Why am I even asking? Of course, I'll damn will.

I sat behind him as I snaked my hands around his waist.

"No helmets?" I ask smirking as he just snickered.

We drifted off and I closed my eyes to feel the wind in my face and hair. We were just having fun and laughing at the whole ride. After a few minutes we stopped at our destination. I looked at the familliar place and felt my heart race. I had not been here for years. This is me and my mom's favorite spot: at the lake.

We used to come here every weekend to bond. We'd go swimming and playing here.

Ken grabbed my hand and led me somewhere near where there were more trees near the lake. He got something from his hand and cliscked it. My breath seem to stop at what I saw. There were lights everywhere at the tree branches looking like fireflies around us. And in the center there's a table and two chairs with different kinds of food at the table.

"For you" Ken handed me three red roses and smiled. I took it still in a state of surprise.

"That's for "I Love You" " he added blushing a bit. I didn't say a word and looked at him and the place then back at him. He scratched the back of his neck.

"It's okay if you didn't like it. We could just get out of he----

I didn't let him finish and engulfed him into a tight hug. He stumbled maybe surprised but still regained his balance after.

"Thank you" I whispered blinking back tears. I'm just so happy to be here again, with him. I wanted to avoid this place so that I don't have to suffer with those memories but now, I realized its worth again.

"You're welcome, munchkin" he whispered, hugging me back. I let go of him and smiled.

"Come on let's eat" He says and I looked at the table full of my favorite foods and desserts.

"I made it all just for you...all of your favorites there" he says proudly.

"Yeah, I can see that" I say in surprise.

"How come you even know this place? My favorite food? And everything?" I ask incredulously.

"I may or may not did a little survey with your servants, chief and your dad" he answered smiling sheepishly.

"You talked to my dad?" I almost yelled in awe.

"Well, yeah" he nods.

"I can't believe this" I exclaim looking at the whole set up.

"Anything for our first date" he smiles at me. I can't help but smile at that.

"I think you overdid yourself"

"Not really" he laughs shaking his head.

"Come on now" he says as he guided me towards my chair. I laughed and sat down.

"Oh what a gentleman" I teased.

"Of course" he says wiggling his eyebrows. I shook my head and began chomping on the food which was delicious that I can't help but moan at its taste.

After we ate, we sat closer to the lake in grass, my head resting on his shoulder.

"My mom used to take me here, we would swim and play here. We were so happy back then along with my dad. But that fucking cancer came and ruined our happiness and killed her and my dad replaced her with that stupid secretary of his" I say sighing suddenly feeling a pang of pain in my heart remembering those times. He holds me tight and rubbed my arm to calm me.

"You know, everything happens for a reason. I think you should give your stepmom a chance" Ken says as he looks up at the stars.

"Yeah, I know, I'll try. I guess I was being hard on her. Ken, I'm so happy that I had met you" I look at him as he kissed me on the forehead.

"Likewise" He whispers.

"I love you" He added.

"I love you too" I replied suddenly feeling my cheeks heat up. This only happens with him since the first time we said that 3 words. I really didn't think I could blush.

"You know, I realize that love is just like shit" I suddenly say.

"Why?" he ask looking at me interestingly clearly expecting for a meaningful answer.

"Because, they both have 4 letters duh" I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

"Nice joke" he comments sarcastically. We both laughed and let our pains and worries fly away even just for now as we lie down together.

************************************

Yeah, yeah I know it's a lameeeee chapter. Soweyyyy

The end is near peoplesssss