40: The End

"Mom! Hide me there's a zombie!" Chris shrieked as he ran towards me with his little feet. He really is the replica of his dad with the same dirty blonde hair, coffee colored eyes, nose, lips, and everything. He's just 5 years old and he is already witty and intelligent. Heck, he even beat me in chess. I don't know how the hell it happened.

Well at least he don't like to touch his bum like his Dad. Because I swear, until now when we sleep I'd catch Ken cupping his own ass.

I just smile at him as he hides behind my back, I just sat in the bed and waited for that zombie.

Suddenly, the door opens revealing my husband walking like a zombie, his hands stretched out, walking in an abnormal manner, his tongue out and all that typical zombie look. I rolled my eyes as I tried to hide the smile that's creeping on my face.

"I'm gonna eat your brains!" Ken fake growls as he points at Chris who was giggling and shrieking behind my back.

"Mom! You are the only one who can save me! You're the key to reverse the curse" Chris shouts at me. I face palmed. Here it is again.

"What is it this time?" I ask as I saw Ken wink at Chris. Chris then nods innocently as his coffee brown eyes looks into my own.

"Dad--I mean the witch says that only true loves kiss could reverse the curse" Chris whispers.

"Really?" I pressed rolling my eyes. It was also like this yesterday. This two, they've been planning this and the idea surely came from his good father.

I stood up and approached him who was smiling cockily. I raised my hand and was slowly cupping his cheek just when his lips was puckering I quickly pinched his nose, hard. He tried to wiggle free but I didn't let go and just pinched harder with my fingers.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch, let go" He pleads and I smirked. After a while, I let him go and he holds his nose massaging it.

"That's for using our son and leading him on, you fu-" I froze and looked at our son suddenly remembering we should keep it PG. "Fubsy bear" I blurted out. I then made an effort of crossing my arms over my chest.

"It was just a joke!" He protested. "Right, son?" He asks Chris who just nodded innocently.

"Don't start on me" I growled and he put his hands in the air in surrender.

"Sorry, okay?" He apologizes giving me his best puppy eyes which I really couldn't ignore.

"Okay" I sighed in defeat. He just smiles and approaches me rubbing my ballooning stomach.

"So how's our baby?" Ken asks sweetly.

"Amazing, she's kicking more often" I informed him as I rubbed my stomach too still smiling. And yes, I'm pregnant with our second child. And she's a girl, 8 and a half months old.

"Looks like she wants to get out faster" Ken says jokingly as he laughs looking proudly at my tummy.

"Mom? How come there's a baby there? How did you make it?" Chris chimes in out of curiosity. I elbowed Ken and signalled him to answer the question. I'm not really good at this.

"Um, there's like a tadpole that swims into this hole and--

"You'll know someday, son" I cut Ken off, glaring at him. A tadpole? Seriously?

"What?" he asks and I rolled my eyes again.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"Hey, maybe it's them" I say trying to divert the topic. Chris stopped from asking if the baby was really made of  tadpole.