Blue Hydrangea

A/N: 

*(Y/n) = Your name
*(Y/f/n) = Your full name
*(Y/h/c) = Your home country

You were walking down the street heading home from school. The sun is about to set as you entered your neighborhood. Everything was quiet and still. How you loved it until a rustling sound coming behind you disturbed your moment of peace. You turned around and you saw a couple of bushes decorated with blooming blue hydrangeas rustling. Curiosity hit you. So, you moved forward and crouched down. 

Minutes later, a small cute lil' creature came out with a small flower in hand. You were amazed by how it looks. Creatures like them does not appear from where you came from nor on your doorsteps.

It has these two horns in his head and a big button attached to his belly. The funny thing about him is his big round eyes and the very small clothing he is wearing. Also, it looks like he is not scared of you. Only surprised to see a human in front of him. Still, you find him cute when he stared at you.

Since you were a transfer student in Japan, you became more curious and eager to learn more of the creature. You believed that it is one of the mythological creatures only existing in this country. So, you thought that this event will help you create a connection with the people around you.

"Hey little guy," you said gently with a smile. Then, you pondered on the words to say that will not scare him away. But before you could utter another word, the little creature ran and leaped over the giant wall.

"Wait a minute! I didn't mean to scare you," you quickly followed him. Anywhere he went! Whether he sprinted like a deer on the walls or jumping everywhere, you did not lose sight of him. You were amazed by this small creature you met. It's fast and does not lose its balance. While running, you thought of reasons to why it took his leave early. Then, one possible answer came to mind. Maybe you scared the poor little guy because you spoke to it with English. Well, you're still learning how to speak in Japanese.

But no matter, you told yourself. What's important is to know more about the little creature. Later on, he stopped by a tree that is standing beside a bungalow. 

"Thank goodness," you expressed while trying to catch your breath. That was like a race out there. Both of you ran for 100 meters and you are not used to it. For the little creature you had been chasing, it was a piece of cake for him. He is not panting nor sweating. You just wished you were like him. 

When you had regained your normal breathing, you looked up and saw the creature immovable. You were very thankful that he is still on the tree branch. It made you wonder why he did not disappear. Is he tired? Is he not scared of you anymore? Or, it is waiting for something? You were not sure but, you kept an eye on him. While waiting for its next move, you tried him to talk to you or get any kind of response from him. 

"Hey little guy," you called out. It heard you and looked at you. You were happy that he noticed you.

"Did I scared you earlier?" you asked him. Nevertheless, his eyes locked on you. That means, it's a no.

"Are you lost?" you inquired him. There was no response. So, you made one final attempt to make him talk to you.

"Then, are you waiting for somebody?"

Moments later, he jumped off the tree branch and landed on the wall. It walked towards you, stopped, and nodded his head. With it, your third prediction was confirmed. Now the next question is: who is it that he is anticipating? While you're at it, you invited him to stay in your palm. You added that you will wait for the person, thing, or creature he is waiting for with him. Gladly, he stood on your hand and lied down. He placed the flower beside him and closed his eyes. "So cute," you squealed.