Silver Lining

A/N:

You may play the media above to accompany you in your reading.

(y/n) = your name
(y/f/s) = your favourite song
(y/f/m/g) = your favourite mobile game
(y/f/h/d) = your favourite hot drink like hot choco, coffee, tea
(y/f/sn) = your favorite snack
(a/b/c) = when you encounter this, you have to choose which one you like. It is all up to you :D
(y/h/c) = your home country

What a tiring, stressful day. So many things to do and the D-day is tomorrow.

You have to practice, write, make sure everything is good to go, and repeat. There is no time to rest or sit idle. You really have to nail this in order to maintain your position in the ranking. And, this pressure is killing you slowly. Mentally and physically.

At school, your hands were about to give away as you write your essays and answer the quizzes. Thankfully, your friend kept you awake throughout the whole day with her fantasies over the famous young earl in the anime world. She gave you the laughter you needed and you were thankful for her. But, those things still bothers you endlessly until you went home.

Until you reached your breaking point.

It's just that you are having a lot on your plate. You wanted to share with her how you feel. But, you do not want her to be affected since both of you are doing the same thing - the oral examination of your thesis proposal. So, you sealed them with your normal cool demeanor. You focused yourself on your work and showed them that confident smile of yours.

Still, it has its limits.

Lately, you were about to lose your cool when your class had the mock oral examination. So many mistakes and it affected your group mates. Glossophobia took over you. You knew that you tried. Anyway, this is your first time dealing with this kind of work. At least, you get the ropes on how it will flow on the day and stuff like that. But, you believed that you can do better than that.

Good thing your advisor did not made fun of you nor made any negative remarks. That lightened your mood slightly. Still, you felt the pressure and stress running down on your whole body. You tried different ways to lose that tension.

You opened up your phone and played (y/f/s) on your comfy earphones. That did not helped.

Then, you played a (y/f/m/g). Nothing happened.

Next, you browsed through Facebook and Instagram to get yourself off what is in front of you. And again, nothing good came. It made you feel worse. How you wish you could enjoy what your cousins and friends from other schools are having. Tons of free time. Venturing to different places. Play video games and blast everything with your antics.

Well, not everything goes on our way. Despite of all those, there will always be a silver lining to it. When you cry, someone will give you the comfort you needed. He or she is the only that can give you solace. And that person is your best friend.

After having a nap from sobbing, you prepared yourself a cup of (y/f/h/d). The warmness of the drink helps you calm down. Its aroma soothes your nerves. Along with (y/f/sn), the combination was great for the relaxation you needed.

As you enjoy your snack, you work on the homeworks required to be submitted tomorrow. Gladly, your mind is concentrated and organized. So, you were able to finish those before dinner time came.

Before heading to the toilet for a shower, the one that you have been waiting for arrived.

"Hey (y/n)-chan!", your phone greeted you with a cheery tune. You checked on it and saw a very familiar name. Upon seeing the name, a smile crept on your face and eyes lightened. You opened up your phone and replied back to her.