Cooking with The Mummy

A/N: 
(y/n) = your name

You may play the media to accompany you in your reading :)

Chop. Chop. Chop. There goes the garlic and onions you needed for the fried rice. You moved on to beating the eggs for the omelet then, set it aside for cooking later. When you gazed upon your student, a smile crept onto your face. He is persevering and determined to do well for the boy he is taking care of. With your help, of course.

Last night, you found out from Tazuki that your boyfriend is not feeling well. You could have known it earlier if you attend the same school as his. But, on the bright side, your school is having mid-semester break which gives you free time to take care of him until he fully recovers. That's why you are now in the kitchen preparing for your own version of delicious omurice and vegetable soup.

Mii-kun wanted to help you out at least through food. Earlier, he almost cried when he saw his precious loved one coughing while resting. So, he decided to retrieve his knife from the kitchen and start helping out. You were delighted to see Mii-kun giving his best to show and make the person feel his care and love for them. At that moment he made his decision, you took him in for a cooking lesson. And the first one was chopping.

After he finished chopping the cucumbers, you gave him the carrots.

Slice. Slice. Slice. Cool! The little mummy is getting the hang of it. He sliced few cubes of carrots in a minute. With that, you are very proud for him. You watched him applying what you have taught him for a moment before proceeding to the main step of the recipe.

"Good work, Mii-kun!", you praised him. "Keep it up!"

Mii-kun nodded and let out signs of happiness around him. It brought to you a smile on your face once more. "When you're done, you clean up your place so that you won't trip over when you walk."

You gave him a small cloth cut from a bigger one. Then, you showed him where to put the tidbits and how to clean his area. When he completed his task, you let him rest and eat two slices of bunny apples. Suddenly, a lightbulb lit! You just thought something you wanted to try out just once.

While he is munching on the apple, you dressed Mii-kun with a small red scarf, black apron fit for the little mummy, and the toque blanche you made for a doll before. And voila! Everything fits perfectly on him. Now both of you are ready to cook.

"You look so cute, Mii-kun!" you remarked. He is really happy to have the attire. Mii-kun ran towards you and gave you a quick rub on your finger as a sign of his appreciation. You picked Mii-kun up then pecked him on the head in return for his gratitude. And again, another idea came into mind.

"How about I take a picture of you, Mii-kun?", you suggested. But, Mii-kun is not sure of what you meant. You giggled on his innocence and showed him your phone on camera mode. "When I take a photo of you, I can keep a memory of how you look wherever I go and whenever I wanted to. Here, let me show you."

You angled your camera at him. The little mummy tilted his head perplexed yet excited of what you are doing. Finally, the lenses of the camera focused on him. With a touch on the shutter, the camera snapped a photo of the darling dog. When you took it, you quickly pressed the Gallery and showed the result to him.

"See? If I take a photo, I can always look at you. That's what Sora and I do sometimes, too. It is another way to keep memories of each other." The little mummy was stunned. Many thoughts rushed through his mind. He was astonished by the wonders your phone made. Mii-kun tapped on the screen to do the same thing you did. His curiosity peaked as the screen changes. Multiple photos were taken by Mii-kun's nonstop tapping.