Chapter 5

I see but can't hear. I can see Conner and Toby yelling and smiling at me but I can't hear anything. Not even the rumble of the Dauntless or the claps of the factions. I just made the biggest decision of my life.

Did I choose right?

I hope I did.

I believe I did.

***************************************************************************************************************

My feet pound on the pavement. I look around me and see all the Dauntless I grew up with except the people I want to see. But I still can't keep the smile off my face, neither can Toby or Conner who are running beside me. We all know we just made the biggest decision and we all know we choose right. We reach the tracks and climb to the top to catch the train. I see a transfer boy, abnegation to be exact, very confused.

"Hey," I say looking into his deep green eyes, "come on your gonna miss the train." I gesturing where almost everyone else above us. He nods and follows me up the side and finally gets to the top. "Your gonna have to jump on," I say looking at the oncoming train. I look back at the boy who seems terrified at the idea. I take his hand, "I'll help you," I say pulling him to start running. He follows behind me and I jump up perfectly onto the train. I look back at the boy who is trying to keep up with the train. I reach a hand out and he grabs it throwing himself in the car. "What's your name," I ask.

"Robert," he says, "but you can call me Rob. What's your name?"

"Taylor," I say, "You can call me Tay if you want but I like Taylor too." He nods and sits down looking outside the train. "I wouldn't get to comfortable," I say, "We heve to jump like now." I point to all the other Dauntless borns getting ready to jump. He hops up and takes position. I also get ready to jump but a figure catches my eye. Conner, he's waving to me. I walk over to him and he kisses me lightly on the lips. I smile and look to the front ready to jump. I look over at the boy, with his dark brown hair and green eyes he's kinda cute but Conner's got him beat. People start jumping and I follow landing on my feet. Conner grabs my hand when he lands and we walk over to face the devil. Eric.

"Alright so if you want into Dauntless that's the way in," he says pointing towards a hole in the roof, "Well someones gotta go first." I gather up the courage.

"I will," I say. Starting towards the front. I climb up on the edge and prepare for the jump. I love heights so it takes a matter of moments before I bend my knees and jump.

I feel the net wrap around me and I let out a laugh. Then I feel moment and get pulled off the net. I look up and see a familiar face. "Dad," I say. He smiles and sets me on the ground.

"First jumper Taylor!" he yells. I hear some shouts and whoops, "good job." I smile and step to the side. I hear a whoop and know that it has to be Toby. I am congratulated when I see his face appear. He comes over and hugs me giving me a small smile. Then I see a blur of black and strain to see who it is. It isn't till after my dad moves that I see it's Conner. He comes over and gives me a small peck n the lips. Then puts an arm around me. Next I here a yell and the see a grey blur. I see it's Rob and I feel a small happiness, a stiff jumped before Josh, Jake, and even Tracey.

"Hey," I say when I see Rob, "guys this is Rob. Rob this is Conner my boyfriend and Toby my brother." He dose a quick hi and turns to see a boy from Erudite come down.

Everyone finally comes down and turns out Josh, Jake and Tracey were the last three. Which felt really good. My dad takes the Dauntless born and the transfers stay with Zeke. My dad and Zeke are the main trainers and they have assistance's. My dad has Uriah and Zeke has Peter. Eric is the overall Trainer. We get settled on our rooms and head out to dinner, me and Conner look for a place to sit but everything is taken and then I see Rob waving us over."Wanna sit," he asks. I nod and me and Conner take a seat, "This is Laura," he says motioning towards the Candor transfer with black hair and dark brown eyes, "Sammie," a blond Amity transfer with blue-green eyes, "Danny," a brown haired Erudite transfer with grey eyes, "Maddie," a red haired girl with green eyes from Candor, "And Alex," a brown haired boy with light green eyes from Erudite. Me and Conner smile and wave, "Guys these are Taylor and Conner," adds Rob. We eat the rest off dinner laughing and joking.

"You know what we should do," I say. They all shrug, "get tattoos!" Some protest but soon everyone's on bored. So we head to the tattoo parlor. When we get there Tori is behind the counter. We all start looking. Me and Conner deiced to get matching Infinity signs. I get mine on my wrist and he gets his on his under forearm. We leave the tattoo parlor and start walking along the halls of Dauntless. It starts to get late so we head back to the dorm and Conner stops me right outside the door. I am about to object when he crashes his lips to mine kissing me passionately and I return it to him. We stay that way for a while jut kissing and feeling the warmth of each other. Finally I pull away and we start breathing heavily and we just give each other one last kiss before opening the door.