Chapter 17

I wake up to Conner looking down at me smiling. I smile back and then look around and realize everyone's gone.

"Come on I wanna take you somewhere," Conner says. He grabs my hand and pulls me up and out of the dorm. Once were out of the dorm he starts running. I run after him calling his name but he doesn't slow down. I see him turn a corner and I follow but when I run around the corner I hit a wall.

But not a real wall, it's clear and I can see Conner on the other side. He's laughing and pointing behind me. I turn around and I see a wall of of concrete, it starts moving forward and I turn around to yell at Conner but when I do I see concrete. All the walls start closing in and I start freaking out, what do I do? I start pounding on the walls but nothing happens, I stop and take a deep breath, then I sit down in the corner and curl into a ball. Once the walls have tighten around me and I can't even lift my head, I take deep breaths and remember 'this isn't real'. Then I picture myself pushing the walls and then I place my hand on one of them and push and all of a sudden the walls spring apart. And I spring forward in the simulation chair.

My dad's there and catches me in a hug, I'm panting and shaking. "Hey Bug it's okay it's over," he says trying to soothe me. I take some deep breaths and then I finally calm down enough to where my dad can talk to me.

"How'd you do that," he asked.

"I don't know I just did it," I say. He looks at me not convinced.

"Go out to the waiting room and wait until everyone's done," he says. I nod my head and sigh in defeat. I walk out of the door and take a seat in the corner away from everyone. So for the next hour I watch people go in and out of the fear simulations. Finally Tess a transfer from Candor, is done and everyone is gone. After Tess leaves I sit in the waiting room for my dad. He finally opens the door, and he waves me in. I get up and walk into the room.

"So why did you make me wait an hour," I say.

"Well after you blew me off last night I knew I needed to keep you here so I could talk to you," he says while doing something on his computer. And then I remember, crap I was supposed to meet up with my dad last night but I had fallen asleep.

"Oh my gosh dad I'm so sorry, I fell asleep and totally forgot," I say feeling really guilty.

"It's alright," he says grabbing a syringe and filling it with the orange serum. "Sit down," he says sitting on the chair and beckoning for me to sit in front of him.

"What are we doing," I ask sitting down.

"Going into my fear landscape, I'm going to teach you how to make sure you don't get caught using your divergence," he says. Then I felt a prick in my neck and I fell back drifting into the blackness.

************************************

Hey guys so sorry this is short I just wanted to torture you guys with a cliffhanger😝! But anyways I'm freaking out over 1.5K reads that's insane thanks so much you have no idea how much that means!!!!

So this book recommendation is a #shamlesspromotion and it's my new book called, My Crazy Wonderful Life! It's a Shane Dawson fanfic but it's a lot different then the other ones. And I was thinking maybe I should start recommending authors too or if you want me to stop the recommendations all together, just comment and let me know!!😉

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE, and SHARE!!!!!!!!!

Stay Nerdy👓😘