Chapter 21

As I jump off the train my eyes take in all the blue around me. Erudite. I walk up to the building into the library knowing Caleb should be there. I get lots of stares but I just have one goal and that is to find Caleb and tell him about Jeanine.

Finally I spot him hunched over at a desk reading. I walk up to him and tap him on the shoulder at first he looks startled but then realizes it's me, and smiles at me.

"Hey, what are you doing here," he asks concern in his eyes.

"I need to talk to you," I say. He nods and leads me toward the dormitories. As were walking I keep an eye out for any guard that might alert Jeanine. We finally reach his apartment and once we walk in we are greeted by a woman and a little boy.

"Taylor this is my wife Cara, and my son Daniel," Caleb says. Wow I never knew he had a son.

"Hello Taylor I'm Cara, you must be Caleb's niece," she says shaking my hand I smile and nod then my shirt is tugged on by Daniel who looks to be about 8.

"Hi I'm Daniel," he says smiling. I crouch down in front of him.

"Hi I'm Taylor your cousin," I say smiling back at him.

"So what brings you to Erudite," asks Cara.

"I needed to speak with Caleb," I say standing back up looking to Caleb who motions for me to follow him into a back room. I turn and follow Caleb shutting the office door behind us.

"Take a seat," he says gesturing to the chair in front of his desk. I sit and so does he across from me.

"So Tell me Taylor, how is my sister," he says.

"Fine, but that's not what I came to talk about I found out about what Jeanine has been planning," I say. His eyebrows rise catching him off guard.

"Well tell me," he says. I explain everything from finding about the attack to having to go to Abnegation and coming to Erudite.

"Well I always knew something was up, I'll try to get some more knowledge on this but yes make sure you work with the other factions," he says. I nod checking my watch realizing I need to get back.

"Well I must be getting back but it was great to see you and your family," I say, "since when did you have a son?"

"Well he's 9 so 9 years," he laughs, "I just didn't mention it."

"Yeah not even to my mother," I say.

"Well she didn't tell me about you right away now did she," he says. I shake my head, Caleb didn't know about me till I was about 10 and we ran into him in the middle of town, on our way to an Amity meeting I had to go with my mom to.

"Yeah, yeah, well I gotta go I'll be back after intuition in 2 weeks try to hold off the attack till then," I say getting up heading to the door. I open the door and I smell food and see Daniel playing with toys on the floor.

"Taylor, come play with me," Daniel says.

"I would love to but I have to get going," I say.

"Okay but you'll play with me another time right," he says. I crouch down next to him and look into his eyes, and I see innocence and that's when I know that I have to stop Jeanine from doing this or all innocence will be lost.

"Of course," I say ruffling his hair. He gets up and hugs me. I hug him back and see Cara smiling at us from the kitchen where she's making dinner. I stand up and head toward the door.

"I'll see you soon," I tell Caleb, "Nice to meet you Cara and Daniel." Daniel waves and Cara smiles. I give them a small smile and open the door and leave.

Just as I'm halfway down the hall an arm grabs me. I turn around and see a guard grabbing me I punch him and turn and run into a another guard who I kick in the stomach and run. As I'm running someone comes from a side hallway and tackles me, they have a gun to my head and are on top of me. I try to kick but I'm stuck, I can't let him shoot me. Then I hear it.

"Stop!" We all turn and look it's Jeanine. "In my office," she says pointing to me. The guards grab me and pull me up holding me at gun point and I follow Jeanine. We walk into a white, polished office.

"Take a seat," Jeanine says. I sit in one of the chairs knowing that at any sudden movement her guards could shoot me. "You can go," She says motioning toward the guards, and they turn walking out of the office.

"So what brings you to Erudite Miss Eaton," she asks.

"I wanted to visit my uncle," I say. She stares at me with dagger eyes but a soft face.

"Oh really, and how was your visit," she asks.

"Fine," I say keeping the answer short simple.

"Well I'm glad your here Taylor," she says catching me off guard.

"You are," I ask.

"Yes, I have been meaning to contact your mother so I could talk to you," she says.

"Oh," I say, "why do you wanna talk to me?"

"Well I have a proposition," she says, I nod and she continues, "I see real intellect in you and I believe that you could be a leader with me."

"With you," I ask.

"Yes, see Taylor things are changing, for the better, and I want you when they do change to rule with me and make sure we take care of the major problem in the faction system," she says, I'm just frozen tons of questions going through my head.

"What exactly is the problem in the factions," I finally decide to ask.

"Well I'm not sure if your aware there is a problem with Divergents and having factions harboring them illegally," she says. My heart drops and I'm afraid to speak.

"No I didn't know that," I finally managed to the squeak out.

"Well I believe that you could help us with that problem," she says, "don't you think?"

"I'm not sure if I'm qualified for that," I say not wanting to say yes.

"I get it your nervous but the offer is always here, I see something in you and I like it," she says, "anyway your better be going I'll have a car take you back to Dauntless."

"No it's fine I can catch the train," I say standing up to leave, "but thank you Jeanine." I walk to the door about to leave when I'm stopped by her voice.

"Tell me you'll think about my offer," she says.

"I will," I say opening the door and heading down the stairs and out of Erudite. I start to run to catch the train, I think about going home and going to Candor tomorrow but I decide to just go and be done with this, so I hop on the train and sit down riding past the Dauntless compound to the black and whiteness of Candor. A mistake only made once.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Omg hi guys I haven't updated in forever ahhhh sorry! But here it is! New chapter should come soon!

Stay Amazing