Chapter 20

My feet hit the ground and I start running towards the grey houses, I've only been here a few times but Zak said he lived in the back right of the compound in a building that said 'trainees'. I run through the middle of the compound knowing no one will be out right now since it's an hour before Abnegation jobs start and no one really goes outside in the morning before work or school, well that's according to what my mom and dad told me so I'm hoping there right.

I reach the very back of the compound and turn right, after a minute a see a building bigger than normal houses. I sprint up to it and stop in time to see the word trainees carved into the wall. I go up the steps to the door and push it, it opens with ease, wow Abnegation must really trust each other to leave their doors unlocked. I walk down the hall past lots of doors, which I'm guessing are the dorms. Then I come upon double doors and I can hear noise behind them, I glance in the little window and see all the trainees in the room talking and eating breakfast. I see Zak sitting at a table to talking to people, how am I ever going to get in there? Just then I hear someone coming down the hall, I turn around and see a door across the hall from me, I quickly slip inside and put my ear against the door.

"Are you sure it was a dauntless," I hear Marcus' voice ask.

"Yes sure people saw her running towards the back of the compound, not sure if she came here or to the storage," another male voice responded.

"Well just keep an eye out," Marcus says, "and if you do find her bring her to me."

"Yes sir," says the other boy. Then I hear footsteps disappear down the hallway. Crap how am I gonna talk to Zak now?! I turn around and see the perfect thing, hanging up is a grey abnegation shirt and pants and the shoes are on the floor. I quickly slip the shirt over my tank top, pull the baggy pants over my tight black jeans, and pull the oversized shoes over my boots. That way if I have to make a quick get away I can just kick off the shoes. And then I put my hair up in a bun, there as long as I keep my head down I'll be fine.

I open the door slowly and peek out, no one in sight. I walk over to the double doors and slip inside. Once inside I look around for Zak again, who isn't hard to find at all, then I make my way over to him.

There's a spot next to him so I sit down and pretend to be interested in my food until he's done talking to the person next to him. Finally he stops talking and I elbow him. At first he's surprised but then becomes happy to see me.

"Hey stiff," he laughs. I roll my eyes.

"Whatever I need to talk to you," I say glancing around to make sure no ones listening.

"Okay what's up," he whispered, "and I thought I was meeting you at 5."

"Yeah but I needed to talk to you now," I say he nods and I continue, "so I talked to Skylar and she said when and if this happens you need to get all the abnegation you can and go to Amity."

"Okay but what about Candor," he asks.

"I'm going to go and try to talk to Stella about having them help us for Erudite and protect the innocent dauntless."

"Wait so we're gonna have two safe houses," he asks.

"No Amity is the safe heaven for all the innocent people that are caught up in this. Candor is a place for dauntless to strategize, rest, get medical help, and store weapons," I explain.

"Okay so if this does happen I go to Amity you go to Candor," he says.

"Yeah and once we've figured everything out I'll come get you," I say.

"Okay sounds good," he says. I smile and give his hand a squeeze, I would hug him but that would give me away since abnegation aren't suppose to show lots of affection.

"Now I have to get out of here, I hear there's a dauntless on the run," I say smiling.

"Wonder who that could be," Zak says smirking. I shake my head and stand up to head outside. When suddenly Marcus bursts through the doors of the cafeteria, I immediately sit down not wanting to draw Attention I keep my head down low.

"Attention everyone there is a situation and everyone needs to return to their dorms after they've checked with a counselor at the cafeteria door," Marcus says. Crap I'm so dead I feel bad for whatever counselors line I get into I know this is going to be a mad dash, I check my watch the train should be here in 15 minutes.

"Hey go in front of me and get to your room I'm gonna make a run for it once I'm up there," I whisper to Zak. I can tell by the look he gives me he doesn't like this plan but he knows there's no other way so he nods.

Soon it's Zak's turn and he's being checked by the counselor who happens to be a man which no I feel better I didn't want to punch a poor Abnegation lady. They motion for me to step forward so I do and as soon as I look up I bring my fist up and punch him in the head.

He falls to the floor in pain but I have no time to apologize I jump over him and run out of the building throwing the Abnegation shirt off and kicking the shoes off as I run. I pull up the hood my dauntless jacket and keep running hearing them chasing me. I look at my watch 7 minutes till the train arrives I run until I see a familiar house and I quickly duck inside hearing them run past the house. I throw off the pants and turn around seeing two very surprised Abnegation. I smile knowing I picked the right house. These are my grandparents.

"Hi I don't really have time right know but I need you to hide me for another," I glance at my watch,"5 minutes." I look at them with hopeful eyes and then before I realize what's happening Natalie, my grandmother, is hugging me.

"Oh your so beautiful," she says looking me up and down, "you've gotten taller." I smile and then my grandfather hugs me.

"Looking more like your mother," he says smiling, "how are your mother and father anyway?"

"Their good, I think mom misses you we'll have to visit soon," I wink. My mother, father, brother and I can visit them because since my mom is leader of Dauntless so she says that she's going on work but we really just spend the day with our grandparents. We do it every six mouths and it's always really nice. I check my watch 2 minutes.

"I have to go though nice seeing you," I say. They give me quick hugs and promise not to say I was here, then I sneak out the front door and start jogging down the gravel road.

All of a sudden I'm pushed to the ground and tackled but luckily I get a good kick to their groin and they let go just long enough for me to jump up and see Marcus standing looking at the man in shock. But before he or the man can see who I am I punch Marcus in the stomach making him fall to the ground. I start sprinting hoping the train hasn't passed.

I start to see the tracks and hear the horn of the train means it's coming close, all of a sudden I'm tackled again but this time I'm ready and flip over giving the man a good punch in the face before running to the train that's now passing through Abnegation. I reach the very end of the train and run with it grabbing the handle just before it sped up to its max speed.

I throw myself in the car and look up in time to see a pissed Marcus with to very confused men watch the train leave. I give a sigh of relief and dust myself off and stand up watching the landscape go by in front of me. 'Well two down, two to go' I think as I watch the Landscape turn to blue.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Ahhhhhhh I'm sorry I haven't updated ahhhh I've been trying to work on this for over a week! So I'm sorry I hope chapter 21 comes out soon but I hope you guys liked the chapter!!!!!!!

My book recommendation this time is.................

What If by me BookGurl1300!

Haha I know supporting my own books sorry! But it's my favorite book I've written so far and I'm really excite about it so if you guys could check it out it would mean the world to me❤️

But anyways thanks for reading don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE!!!!!!!

Love you guys see you next chapter! 💙