Chapter 14

I wake up in my dad's arms. He's looking down at me with a frightened expression. I look around and realize were in our apartment. I haven't been in hear since the whole Marcus incident.

"Tay? Taylor," asks my dad. I groan and look up at him and he breaths a sigh of relief, "I'm so glad your okay!" he says and pulls me into a hug.

"What happened," I ask. The last thing I remember is being mad at him for interrupting me and Conner.

"I was trying to talk to you and you just passed out," he said. And that's when it hit me I freaked out because of the Divergent thing. Wait why would that freak me out I already knew, it wasn't that..... "How much have you eaten today," asks my dad. And then there's that I have only eaten breakfast that's why I passed out.

"Oops," I say biting my lip. My dad shakes his head.

"Come on let's grab some food," he says. I nod my head and we walk to the cafeteria and see Lynn she's one of the chefs.

"Hey Lynn," I say. She looks up from the cookbook she was reading and looks at me and my dad.

"Want some late night snacks huh," she says.

"Well this one forgot to eat lunch and dinner," says my dad messing up my hair. I push his hand away.

"Yeah, yeah, can we have some food," I ask.

"Of course," Lynn says and grabs us two bags of food. Once we get all the things we need we head to my parents apartment.

"Your mothers at a leadership meeting at Candor, she shouldn't be back till either late tonight or tomorrow morning," my dad says plopping down on the couch. I follow suit and sit down next to him.

"So what did you wanna talk about," I ask pulling out a hamburger.

"Well you did great in stage one Tay," he says.

"Thanks dad," I say.

"But stage two is where your gonna be in trouble if you don't listen to what I'm telling you right now," he says. I nod my head. "Okay for stage two it's the fear simulations, and there gonna be inside your head and watch how you respond to fear," he says. I nod my head listening but then there's a knock on the door.

"Four," I here a deep voice say I recognize it as Max, "I need to speak with you." My dad grabs the food and throws it under the couch and points to the bathroom and I run to it and close the door and put my ear against it.

I hear my dad open the front door, and Max walk in. "What is it," asks my dad.

"Your daughter Taylor is not in the dorms do you know where she could be," asks Max.

"Oh sorry Max she's here she's in the bathroom, we were talking about stage one and when we were close to her she had to use the restroom I didn't realize how late it is. My bad it won't happen again," says my dad. Man he's a good lair.

"Okay no worries, I will wait and walk her back to the dorms," says Max. So I wait a few more seconds then flush the toilet and get my hands wet. When I walk into the living room I act surprised to see Max.

"Oh hello Max I didn't know you were here, I was just leaving," I say.

"So was I. I'll walk you back to the dorms," he says. I nod my head.

"Night dad," I say and hug him.

"Night bug," he says and hugs me back then I leave with Max. We walk in silence. Until Max breaks it.

"So your stage one results were impressive," he says.

"Thanks but I don't think I deserve 2nd place more like 4th or 5th," I say.

"Whys that," he asks.

"I believe there's better people that could have got it," I say. Max nods.

"I was going to ask you about something," Max says. I look at him letting him know I'm listening, "I want someone like you in leadership." I feel shocked, me? Leadership? No way.

"Don't you have to wait until after final exams to have a job," I say.

"Yes but I want you to think about it, I mean do you even know what you want to do as a job," he says.

"I haven't really thought about it," I say. We round the corner and stop at the dorm room door.

"Well think about it," Max says then leaves me standing in the hallway. Today couldn't have been weirder.

**************************************

Heyyyyy guys!!!! Well here's 14 ahhh thanks so much for reading and voting love you guys were up to over 600 reads that's insane guys!!!

Anyway the book I am recommending is a new one that I just published called KUEST (it's quest with a K)! And it's the story of a girl named Ella in a band with her four best friends Kyle, Uriah, Shane, and Tyler ( all boys I know). And they go on tour and have insane adventures!

So head over to my profile or look it up and read it!! And of your at my profile you could always follow me ;)

Anyway don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!!!!

Stay Weird 😜