Chapter 18

I felt the wind whip around my hair, and the unstableness of the beam and I knew where I was. I already knew my dad had a fear of heights but to be there with him was totally different.

I looked over to see my dad kneeling down on the beam looking around with a look of fear in his eyes that I had never seen before.

"Fear of heights. Not surprised," I say standing up.

"Exactly what your mom said," he says back trying to make a joke but I can hear his voice shaking with fear.

"Dad just remember it's not real, if we jump we can't die," I say preparing myself to jump.

"No," my dad's words cut right through the wind, "that's what a Divergent would do, you have to act like it's life or death, act like you think it's real, do everything the way a Dauntless would."
I nod my head and think what would a Dauntless do, I look to the side and see a ledge of a building with an opening in the side.

"There," I say pointing at it. Then my dad starts moving towards it with me behind him. Once we get to the tower we climb through the hole.

Once were inside the exit seals and the walls start to close in on each other. Oh no me and my dad are both scared of this. The walls keep coming and all I can think about is finding a way out that won't expose my divergence. But my dad pulls me over to him and the walls close in on us trapping us in a small square. Then I see the nails next to my foot. I grab them and start jamming then in the cracks to stop the walls from sliding.

After I used all the nails the walls stop. And then they disappear and were in a new room and my dad is at a table with a gun on it. Then I notice the girl on the ground on her knees. I walk over and stand next to him in front of her.

"When your a Dauntless soldier you have to follow orders that you may not agree with," he says keeping a tight grip on the gun.

"Who is she," I ask thinking it's a sibling or friend he never mentioned.

"She's an innocent," he says lifting the gun, "and I have to kill her," he points the gun at her using all his strength to do it, "but I can never do it unless, I look away." And then he turns his head and shuts his eyes as he pulls the trigger and the girl falls to the ground.

When we turn around were suddenly in an Abnegation house. "Why are we in Abnegation," I ask looking around taking in all the grey. I had never been in an Abnegation house but I'm assuming this is one because not other factions houses would look this plain.

All of a sudden a figure coming down the stairs catches my attention, it's Marcus. "Dad......" I whisper. Not knowing what to do. All of a sudden other Marcus show up surrounding us in a circle. With them all saying the same thing, "Tobias, It's for your own good......I'm just trying to help you, to make you better," all the Marcus's say. And all of a sudden they stop and the first Marcus steps forward and lifts the belt. And he's about to hit my dad but I run forward and slam into him feeling the belt hit my arm and my elbow collide with his ribs. Then all at once it all disappears and I fall into black again.

*************************************

Yes I know I know you hate me for the cliffhanger! But i just felt it was Better to end it here but I will be updating soon!!!

The book recommendation this time is.................

The Bad Boys girl! By Jessgirl93! Please check it out it's so amazing and there's even a sequel to it called The Bad Boys Heart! So please read then both but in order or else you'll be very confused lol😂

Anyways don't forget to COMMENT (I love reading and responding to them😊) VOTE, and SHARE!!!!!!!

Stay Awesome!