C H A P T E R: 4

"If it's all I can take.... I'll remember it all"

"Minha, I need you to prepare the human resource index for every worker. I'm trusting you with this, okay?" You say while trying your very best to distract yourself from the vicious thoughts you've been having ever since you attended the doctor's appointment.

You were giving yourself fully into work so that you don't have to be bothered by any second thoughts.... But how can it be even possible..?

"Ne sunbaenim...." Minha, one of your best subordinate interrupts you from your thoughts, "by the way sunbaenim is something wrong? You seem to be off track lately"

Your fingers stop fiddling through your laptop and you hesitatingly look at her, "umm... No..." you smile, " I.. I don't know minha but it's just that I feel like something terrible is about to happen to me soon" you place your head in between your palms, indeed you weren't feeling your best

"Oh sunbaenim don't say that.... Wait! I have something for you" she says taking out her bracelet, "take this. My mom gave this to me to keep away from an evil eye and it brings good luck, too!"

You look at her dumbfounded and soon erupt into fits of laughter, "minha! Really? Do you actually believe in all this supernatural bullcrap"

She bites her lips as she gets a little embarrassed. You are quick to notice the same and not trying to make her feel more uncomfortable than she already was, you instantly take the bracelet from her hand, "I'm sorry...." You say and have a glance over the ornament, "Wow this bracelet looks so pretty....." You whisper

"Yeah..... It used to look adorable in my mom's hand...." She sighs, "I see you more as an unnie, truth be told sunbaenim.... That's why I'm giving you this"

"Oh..." You feel guilty now. She's been loyal to you since day 1 and no wonder you've been all humble to her  in return but you were having sudden mood shifts of late, "I..."

"Keep it for a while sunbaenim" she smiles, "it'll make me happy"

"Thanks" you take her hand and squeeze it

S

he leaves soon after. You sigh in your chair and stretch yourself.

You smile and adore the lapis lazuli that was shining ever so brightly, even more so as the moonlight from the window behind you kisses the beads.

You were soon broken from your thoughts as you hear a few knocks on the door, "come in.." you say monotonously, tired from the long day

"Miss, you need to go to the meeting hall right away.... It's urgent" one of the worker informs you, hastily

You cross your brows, getting more curious, "huh? Now? Alright I'll be there right away"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You walk into the hallway thinking about the reason why you were called at this hour when you are supposed to pack and leave for home.

You gulp and straighten up your pencil skirt before unlocking the door.

You see this person sitting calmly in the office chair, back facing you.
You were confused at first before hearing the voice saying, "took you longer than I thought"

This was the voice you couldn't erase EVER, the voice you've craved to reverberate into your needful ears since two damn months. The voice which never fails to melt you down. The voice you proudly claim to be of the love of your life!
But it sure is to be a dream..... Or perhaps a weird coincidence, why would Jungkook be here anyway?

You couldn't speak anything, it was as if you were frozen as soon as his chair  slowly turns to face you completely.
You gasp and your hand soon reaches your mouth in utter shock.
It was indeed him!

But how? Why?

"Kookie...." A smile curves the side of your lips followed by droplets of tears on seeing him after so long. Although it has just been 2 months but boy how you've missed him. Everyday. Every night.

He gets up, hands in pocket.
"Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. Don't you know how to speak to your seniors?"

You walk towards him and were about to hug him but he stops you. His hand pushes you by your shoulders making you stumble, you were about to fall but land on something else instead. Something way more comfortable, way more protective as you'd call it.

"How dare you?" You hear the voice saying, the voice that was husky, the voice of your boss, "are you alright?" Tae asks you concerned

Jungkook scoffs before laughing out loud, "look I don't have time for this romantic shit"

You look at jungkook, not believing him at all.
You do get that he's just angry at you for leaving him but he wouldn't have hurt you. At least the jungkook you knew wouldn't do that no matter what you did.....

You had a reason for what you did after all.

"Let me get straight to the point. Kim y/n I'm here to ask you to resign from this job or get arrested for the hefty corruption price you took from one of your customers." Jungkook states, emotionless

"I... I never took bribe. That's a wrong accusation!" You say, teary eyed

"Listen up. She's working under me.... I know what she's doing a..."

"Save it. I have a whole report of how corrupt this lady is!" Jungkook cuts off taehyung

"That's it!" Taehyung grabs jungkook by his collars and the two stare each other.

You look at jungkook, how can he do this to you? Was he really that angry so as to go to this extent?

Your body couldn't take any more and a fit of contraction makes your legs weak. You gasp and hold taehyung by his biceps.
He looks at you, concerned and instantly leaves jungkook from his grip in order to support you, "y/n...."

"Just take me home" you say as you start getting dizzy
Taehyung nods profusely

"Hoe *coughs* " jungkook says smirking

You give him a look through the pain, more tears covering your face

"Ass *cough* " taehyung retorts and guides you towards the door.

"We'll meet more often Kim y/n.... It'll be a fun ride!" Jungkook shouts, laughing afterwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.|Vote|Comment|.

~author kookieskitty xx 🐾😘😘🌹