C H A P T E R: 16

As much as you wanted to drift your eyes off from the painful sight that lied in front of your eyes, you just couldn't.....
It was as though you were frozen, your whole body felt too numb to even blink.

"Fian-fiancé?" You repeat, your eyes brimming with your fresh tears.

Dang these hormones! You don't want to cry as you had otherwise decided.

You can't let him see you this weak!
You can't..... You just can't.

You try your best to hold in yourself but fail.
How can you try to hold it in when you were so excited to dress up for him! When your heart was fluttering at the thought of him being in this party- well get together that your sister had arranged and what you do get from him as a present happens to be the fact that he's brought you his fiancé instead of chocolates or teddy bears that he'd always get you since as long as you can remember!

You feel humiliated, you feel threatened at the sight of him holding her hand so protectively just like how he would do everytime you two would stand by the sea shore, admiring the bounty of nature and talking about your distant future which you had assumed should be like those written in fables......

But of course this isn't a fairytale, nor are you a princess.....

You place your hands over your cheeks, feeling those tears now falling down from your eyes and look at him.

You could almost feel that he wasn't happy either, the smile on his face seemed more surreptitious rather than being that of joy!

Is he putting- no pressurizing himself in this situation just to make you feel low?
Can he actually stoop down to this level?

"Wh-why are you crying?" His fiancé quickly moves towards you and holds your shoulders

"Just tears of happiness" you smile

"Aww.... You two seem really great friends" she smiles

Friends. So that's what he must have assured her with before walking her in your wonderful birthday bash!

You nod, eyes still on Jungkook, who looked more guilty rather.

She hugs you before wishing you a joyous birthday.
She breaks the hug and looks at you in awe, "oh my..... I'm sorry if I'm wrong but are you pregnant? I can almost feel your bump!"

You look at her and nod, a fake smile plastered across your lips.

"Aww.... That's so sweet!" She exclaims, "Jungkook.... you knew?" She turns around and whispers to him

"Yeah...." He says almost lost in his own thoughts

"We should have bought the baby some gifts too then!"

"Oh no it's alright.... The father himself gave a really surprising gift of all time...."

"Aww he must be a really good father" she swoons

"Indeed" you claim

"Aww I would like to meet him and your family, you seem so cute" she says in astonished

"Sadly the father left us.... on a positive note by providing me the world's most beautiful present" you say, looking at him with eyes full of sadness and he reflects the same, but who even cares, he's got what he wanted..... The woman who he actually cares about as he had claimed the last time you two had 'talked'.

"Please come inside" you say monotonously as you guide the two inside

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where's tae?" You ask your sister as you two were busy garnishing the cooked meal

Time to time you were glancing at the duo, sitting on the couch.
Weirdly you find them sitting a bit far apart, they were only chatting in bits....

You shrug, not trying to bother yourself much as the doctor had asked you to....

"He's in my room, helping jiwon sleep. He's so good with babies!!" She exclaims excitedly

Well you knew as much as your sister might appear to be a crazy fangirl on the outside, in reality she was more shattered than you were.

You knew she had cried more tears to sleep than you yourself had.
She would even die for you if that is all it takes to make you have a comfortable life.

Ever since you had comforted your 'guests' in the living room and had excused yourself inside the kitchen, you were just crying, not out loud but sniffling and letting the tears fall as your sister watched you.

She was trying to distract you from him and from her..... Or well, Jennie as she had introduced herself as.

"Y/n...." She gives you a look

"I know! I'm not thinking about him at all!" You say masquerading your true emotions with a hearty chuckle

She rolls her eyes knowing the truth, "anyway, just choke that weirdo with this venomous pizza I've made!" She whispers and laughs evilly

You let out a rather loud laugh at her and shake your head, "what would I do without you.... However, she seems like a nice girl" you say taking the tray of squash and scooting your way in the living room

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You four sit in an awkward silence as you didn't know exactly what to talk about.....

Jisoo was trying her level best to not roast the couple sitting in front of you and so she excuses herself to call taehyung....

The sound of the footsteps approaching becomes steadier until they completely stop next to you.

You see taehyung towering you, staring at the couple with a pokerface.
He slowly sits next to you, eyes not leaving the girl beside your ex.

"Stop staring.... It looks weird" you whisper

"How can I? She's that high school crush I sneezed on...." He whispers back. (Ref.- ch.3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two updates 😫
Well my summer breaks started das y.... 😈❤

.|Vote|Comment|.

~author kookieskitty xx 🐾😘😘🌹