C H A P T E R: 24

The rash memories from yesterday night was all you could think of..

The entire night was a pinch of discomfort and shame for the both of you as you two lied on the same bed with your backs facing each other..

What could possibly make taehyung kiss you like that knowing you are carrying the baby of the person he loathes.. the person who has done so much harm to him on purpose..
Was it out of frustration of not being loved by the long lost crush of his that is soon going to be hitched with his enemy? Or is it genuinely because he actually has fallen for you?

As much as you wanted to talk it over with tae, you just couldn't..
You don't know what you're supposed to be doing.. thinking.. feeling, everything is just so out of place.

You shift yourself further up on the foldable beach chair as the morning sun starts showing up with greater intensity on your toes and not being able to put up the sunscreen due to utter hurriedness to run away from that shared room with tae was all you could possibly think of as soon as you checked up the time in your phone at 6 a.m.

The feeling of being all caught up in the mess unconsciously makes you place your hand over the life which you were now carrying..
The small being doesn't even know how terrible the world outside the womb can get..
All the baby knows about apparently is to sleep carelessly, kick you time and again, since yesterday, proclaiming that it's growing perfectly fine as long as it's nestled in it's eomma.

You sigh looking down, a genuine smile forming the curve of your lips as a powerful kick is felt under your hand, you caress the baby bump smiling as you adore how precious this bond of mother and her child feels like..

How can jungkook not see the beauty of this? How can he just abandon his own creation like that? Leaving you was still justified but this baby.. when its not even it's fault to be created in the first place?

You shake your head trying to get the thoughts of anxiety away because the health of your baby happens to be your utmost priority over anything else.. you look around trying to find the bottle of cranberry juice you had carried with yourself after asking the hotel staff to provide you with.. although the staff wouldn't have provided at the hour since the service is out of order this early in morning but seeing that you're quite pregnant, they were left with no choice..

Lifting the bottle from your side, your eyes feverishly dart upon the two couple standing not so far away from your sight, at first it seemed like they were only here to hang out but looking carefully with the gossip-monger eyes that you were blessed with; you find that the couple was non other than your companions for the trip!

What on earth were they even doing out here at this hour though? You know jungkook can never wake up at least as early as 6 a.m-ish..
Scanning the duo carefully you figure Jennie sulking bad, what the heck was going on?

Unable to resist to know the situation, you decide to walk your way towards them..

The moment you find yourself getting close to the duo you hear Jennie yelling at him whilst your ex remains more poised, standing there, listening to whatever the girl was shouting for..

"Guys.... is everything alright between you two?" You interject purposely with the intention of calming the heated atmosphere between the two

Jennie turns around and looks at you, crying, "y-y/n...." She wipes her tears as she once more looks at Jungkook, "you say you're thankful to me, right?" She says snatching the phone away from jungkook

Jungkook sighs, rubbing his fingers over his temples, "stop acting Jennie.... There's no point in dragging her into this!"

Jennie looks at him confused, "dragging her into this?" She repeats, confused, "you're the one who's dragged me into the trap jungkook!! You are using me!!"

She deadpan looks at you, "y/n.... Please tell me honestly, have you and jungkook ever.."

Your heartbeat fastens up as you anticipate what she's going to speak next

"Jennie.." jungkook whispers, "stop!"

"No.. no let me get this thing clear once and for all so that I can know how much you all have kept me in the blind.." she cries, "just tell me y/n.. has he ever" she inhales sharply before continuing, "dated you?"

You look at jungkook weakly and your eyes gaze back at poor jen and you nod slowly without saying anything at all

She presses her lips together as she looks at jungkook, "and you lied to me saying he's nothing more than a mere friend slash your boss?" She says, rather more calmly this time

You nod again, "yes.... because that's what we are now.. I didn't lie on that.."

She gulps as her throat starts getting heavy, "I feel like a fool.. I feel used.. it's just so bad that I cared for you all so much and what I get in return is lies?" She chokes, you hurriedly walk to her and pat her back

"Y/n.... Please don't keep me in lie...." She cries, "cause I'm still not convinced.." she whispers

"What is wrong with you!?" Jungkook yells as his temper looses

"Stop acting like nothing happened last night.." she says pointing her finger at him
"You know what happened yesterday night y/n?" She sniffs, "I- I just went up to him to, you know, open up more and he said we can never be a thing cause his heart still beats for someone.. and that someone is YOU!" she sobs leaning over your shoulders as she keeps crying

You hug her back, eyes wide open as you scan jungkook who stares you back with guilty eyes

"I- I don't know what to say y/n.... I'm hurt.... and believe me I'm not hurt because he loves you but because I felt like a rag doll.... I feel so used.... I feel like he's doing this to forget his long lost love for you..... I'm sorry if I sound like a totally crappy person bu-" she hiccups on your shoulders as she hugs you tighter

"Shh... It's oka-"

"No, y/n.... It's not the only thing I'm interested in knowing...." She says withdrawing from your hug

"Just tell me, honestly please...." She puts her hand over your bump, eyes still looking straight into your eyes "tell me that it's his.... I swear I won't let a word out to anyone.... I'll just leave from your lives forever as if I was a mere bad dream.... Just say this honestly because I can't live a life with a man knowing that a mother is living in torture without having support of the father of her child who supposedly is sharing the roof with someone else.."

"Jen.." you whisper, shock apparent on your face, unable to understand what to say next..

"Jennie enough.. just let her be.. you're stressing her more than she should be in her condition! You're acting like a baby.." Jungkook states

"Oh but I'm only asking politely, don't think thats unhealthy in any way.. why are you being so nosy about? Scared about the truth!" She yells

"I'll tell you what the truth is.."
You turn sideways as you see taehyung standing right beside you.. smirking at jungkook as he holds your shoulder in support

"Tae.." you whisper, scared of whats he going to do..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.|Vote|Comment|.

~author kookieskitty xx 🐾😘😘🌹