C H A P T E R: 23

"thanks a lot!" you mumble bowing as much as your bulge allowed you to as soon as the hotel room service provides you with antiseptic along with cotton balls and a candy.

Shutting the door behind you, you waddle towards the king sized bed over which sat Mr. oh-so-sophisticated Kim tae..
"It's nothing so serious, really!" He whines for the umpteenth time but only if you were ears to that..

You keep the antiseptic on the bed before deciding to sit down yourself.
You hold your bulge and swiftly plop on the bed, a sigh releasing your lips in the process since you've been dead tired and getting some rest from all the hassel that you encountered for the day was all you needed.

"Just sleep y/n-ah." He commands but you ignore him, squeezing some cream on the cotton ball and spreading it equally over it.
You shift yourself closer to taehyung so as to get better access to the cut your arrogant ex had given him just a few minutes ago.

You've had been completely confused about the entire situation.. why'd he hit him?
Was he getting jealous?
You kept on thinking perhaps Jungkook wasn't liking the idea of you being close to tae but.. he's got Jennie now so what on earth was he thinking when he punched tae?

Your fingers rest atop tae's chin whilst the other one starts circling around the wound, cleaning off the blood which wasn't dripping like earlier since taehyung was quick to clean it with water and under your guidance the man was left with no choice but to rub the wound with ice to help stop the bleeding despite his pleads of being uninterested in doing so..

Taehyung stares at you as you perform your altruistic actions by applying the balm on his upper lip.
The cut was bigger than you had thought.. A red patch had formed around the edge.

You withdraw the cotton, announcing that you're now finished dressing the cut.
You get up, tending to move towards the dustbin to throw the cotton ball which proudly claimed a few droplets of tae's blood from his lip, which was now all clean but before you could even take a step further, he grabs your hand tightly, you slightly fumble and land on bed again.
Sitting in the same position, face close to him as before..

"Who said we're done?" He whispers, his long fingers slowly making their way to his wound as he firmly pinches it for a few seconds until the blood starts dripping down again, a painful tsk leaving his lips in the process but his eyes not leaving yours even for a second.

You glare at him, registering the whole thing before realizing what he was up to, "taehyung! stop hurting yourself what are you doing??"

You quick snap his fingers away, scanning for his wound, his blood dropping profusely over the back of your hand.

A weak smile leaves his lips as he stares you, "fix me y/n...." He whispers but this time you were scared to make a move, the way he looked at you was a little too dangerous, a little too lustful.. what's gotten into him?

You let out a hefty breath as you scrutinize him, "taehyung...." you murmur, touching his chin, a tear stray tear touching your finger

He holds both your hands, bringing the other one close to the opposite cheek.
Your fingers get wet due to the salty fluid that comes in contact

"Tae.." you whisper again, attempting for an explanation as to understand why was he crying suddenly..

"are you going to leave me?"

Confused and lost you only stare at him deciphering the meaning behind what he just asked and why

"Why can't it be us?" He says, holding your hands tighter this time

He chuckles sarcastically as he now starts drawing your hands down, between the small valley that was created due to the formal distance you two were maintening

"You know I've always asked myself a question.. will I ever get myself someone who would love me eternally? Would sing to me.. dance with me.. do all those crazy things that I never got a chance to do with.. with anyone not even my parents, siblings anyone.." he sobs

"I was happy y/n...." He smiles wiping his tears via his shoulders, "I was happy the day I saw Jennie back in high school..... But as fate may call it, I was a dork who was occasionally bullied" he giggles, "you know what's worse? My own friends, the ones I trusted to my dear life would bully me..... and guess what I did.... I happily would get bullied unable to defend myself.... I was a silly boy with an urge to find goodness in everything, thinking that maybe being humiliated is my key to get along with my friends but.." he blinks a few times as more tears run down his face.

"Then I found Jennie....." He smiles, "young, beautiful and as carefree as a butterfly.. I don't know why but just seeing her made me have those- what they call it-" he stutters whilst smiling remembering his past, "butterfly feeling! Yeah that-"

His lips begin trembling as he now looks at you, "I know it's funny I sneezed on her but- but I don't think I've ever cried as much as I did that day after coming back home..... I went up to her, building up the courage to become friends with her but I ruined everything!" He sobs bad this time

"I never mustered up the courage to even look at girls since then but then I met you- I am sorry....."

You look away, crying along. Those pregnancy hormones making it worse for you to prevent them and comfort your friend

"I never really intended to fall for you but- I'm sorry y/n..... Knowing unknowingly I just fell in the trap again and I know this is wrong but.. I'm sorry"

You withdraw your hands from his hold and look at him with anger, "Yaah kim taehyung! Who gave you the rights to upset a pregnant woman like that, huh!" You say wiping the tears from the back of your hand

"As much as I don't want to admit but I like you too...." You confess, "but taehyung, call me silly, selfish, stubborn whatever your heart desires to label me as..... I just can't imagine myself ending up with other guy.... It's either jungkook or no one else....." You play with the bracelet, minha had given you (Ref. Ch- 4)

"You know, minha.... that intern from your company had giving me this bracelet to keep away from any evil eye and that it would provide me a miracle..... I had laughed it off saying I don't believe in all this but then I realized something.... I met you! Maybe this bracelet does do wonders...." you smile, your hand caressing his wound and you begin searching the antiseptic again but are stopped as soon as tae's hands stop your actions and instantly he grabs your cheeks

"I've been making mistakes y/n.." he mumbles, "had said my sorry's a million times for all those repentances.... but that won't happen.... surely not this time"

"Tae what are you blabberi-"

A sparkly feeling stirs inside you, a feeling which wasn't anew as you've had your share of such experience before with this action whenever jungkook would express his love and lust to you in the past..
Your eyes open widely as tae's lips keep sucking yours for what felt like forever, you fight the urge to give in. The metallic taste of his blood fuses over your lips and you push him slightly to break the unexpected contact..

"Just like how I always end up saying those three words.... I am sorry" he says panting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.|Vote|Comment|.

~author kookieskitty xx 🐾😘😘🌹