C H A P T E R: 5

"Just lay down" he instructs you and walks over to the closet to pick a blanket for you.

"Thank you so much taehyung" you say as you lie down. You weren't complaining him for the favors he was doing for you since the time you two came back to his mansion after that silly feud jungkook had created. Surprisingly, taehyung didn't bother asking you about jungkook at all, perhaps he somehow knew about you two....

Fvck no way! Does this mean he knows that you ran away on the wedding day??

You weren't feeling well at all, you were tired, not just physically because of your condition but also emotionally because of jungkook.
How could he do this to you?
After all those years of being together, is this what you deserve....

Although as much as you might want to berserk your frustration on him, partially it has been your fault too.
You never had the talk with jungkook about what his mom had said to your sister back then.

Your head was aching now, to a point that it might burst out any minute.
You place your hands over your head and press the part where it was paining the most when suddenly you hear him clear his throat.

You look at him, standing right on top of you. He was holding a blanket in his hand, "mind if I....." His eyes gestures toward the blanket and then to your sleeping figure.

You weakly nod and smile at him, "I'm afraid this flu of yours is getting dangerous day by day.... Did you go to the doctors? I suppose you said you had an appointment today, right?"

You gulp hearing his concern, beads of sweat soon fall down through your follicle as another wave of tension strikes you.
You were getting more and more nervous by the second, not being able to tell the truth, you awkwardly laugh and look the other way round, "ye..yeah everything's cool.... I-I mean the doctor gave me some pills. I guess those pills are showing their side effects hehe"

You look at taehyung, his expression makes you get relieved since he seemed satisfied with what you had just randomly stated.
"Alright, sound legit. Anyway... You should rest, you look too tired. Don't worry about waking up late tomorrow morning, I declare a leave for you" he says as he tucks you in the cozy blue duvet.

"No! I'll be fine!! I'm not taking any leave whatsoever okay" you whine making him chuckle when his hand slips accidentally making him lean closer to your face, you two would have shared your very first kiss it it weren't his hand which was quick to reflex and take support of the mattress beneath you.

His minty breath fans over your lips and he looks at your innocent face for a couple minutes. His eyes dart from your eyes, which were also staring at his perfectly sculpted face, and then slowly his gaze soon lands over your lips but he flicks his eyes and withdraws himself back.

"I..I'm sorry.... Goodnight" he hastily makes his way out of your bedroom without even caring for your reply.

You bite your lips as you get more embarrassed.
Was it even a wise decision to be living under the same roof as taehyung at this point?
What if he comes to know about the secret you've been hiding?

Scratch that.... Your priority was jungkook. You had to win him back, his trust back!
You switch the lamp light off and turn to your side, facing the window.
The curtains flow lightly due to the soothing wind and so the moonlight had an easy access to your bed.

You sigh and wonder about how stupid your life has become.
This isn't the kind of life you ever wished for!
You were dying inside.... Little by little, you were feeling bad for Jungkook.
You felt like you had broken him into pieces.
Your level of guilt for the best out of you and so you decide that it was better to talk to kook in person.