Chapter 4

Barry eventually coaxed Y/N to her feet, though he didn't mind just sitting with her, he knew how much his being gone must have hurt her, so he didn't blame her.

As they slowly entered their shared apartment Barry noticed the pillows and blankets on the couch, "What's all this for?" he asked Y/N.

"I-I umm...I couldn't bring myself to sleep in our bed, not alone anyway," she stammered.

Barry didn't know what to say, he was almost sure that anything he could say wouldn't make a difference, instead. He grabbed the pillows and blankets from the couch in one hand, and with the other, he wrapped it around Y/N. "Come on, we're both tired, and tonight, we sleep in the bed...together," Barry said leading her upstairs, Y/N smiled as she leaned her head against his shoulder.

After quickly putting everything back to the way it was supposed to be Barry laid down and opened his arms, a signal for Y/N to come join him. Y/N smiled as she joined him under the blankets, his arms wrapping around her like clockwork.

Barry didn't sleep that night, he couldn't bring himself to, every time he even got close to falling asleep the thought of what Y/N went through clouded his head. Hell, she couldn't even sleep in their bed without him, Barry knew that had the situation been reversed he would have done the same.

He laid there, Y/N's back pressed against his chest, one arm draped over her waist, the other holding up his head through his sleeplessness. He'd always had nightmares about what would happen if he lost Y/N, but he had never experienced those nightmares as a reality...but Y/N did. And this time he wasn't there to comfort her, for he was the cause of all that pain and hurt, and there was nothing he could do to take back what he did.

Barry sat there all night, just admiring the girl in front of him, her features, her everything. Barry adored her, he looked up and saw the sun just beginning to rise, the city beginning to wake up. Barry then came to the realization of just how tired he was, he hadn't slept all night, meanwhile, Y/N seemed somewhat peaceful as she continued to sleep before him, her steady breaths calming.

He brushed some hair out of her face and slowly laid kisses on her cheek, before making his way to her lips, she smiled as he did so. "Good morning," she greeted with a tired grin.

"Good morning to you too," he replied, pulling her a little closer, nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck. "How'd you sleep?"

"Better than I have the past few days," she answered, turning in his arms so that she could see his face, her fingers brushing over his cheek, Barry found himself melting into her touch. "How about you?"

Barry shrugged, "I slept fine," he said kissing her once more. Their foreheads gently touching, each giving each other soft smiles as they gazed lovingly into each other's eyes, Barry holding Y/N's hand delicately.

"Are you going anywhere today?" Y/N asked softly.

Barry shook his head, "Just down to S.T.A.R. Labs in a little bit," he hummed.

Y/N groaned, "Do you have to?" she asked, nuzzling into Barry's warmth.

Barry smiled down at her, "You know, you are more than welcome to join me," he suggested.

"Or, you could just stay here with me, in bed all day," Y/N said looking up at him. "Imagine all the Netflix episodes we could watch," she joked.

Barry chuckled, "You don't want to be productive today, we could at least go talk to Cisco for a little while," he suggested.

Y/N smirked, "Really? You'd choose Cisco over Netflix? I mean don't get me wrong I love hanging out with Cisco, but I don't think I'd choose him over Netflix."