Chapter 16

Barry continued to pound on the walls of his prison, but it was of no use, he couldn't break free of the forcefield walls that confined him...he was defeated.

-----At S.T.A.R. Labs-----

"You have a way to save them?" Joe asked again, getting clarification.

Harry and Cisco both nodded, "Turns out that Devoe is using the pocket dimension as a transportation system rather than a hideout, with the help of CCPD we are confident that we can get our heroes back," Cisco explained.

"Send me the address," Joe said walking out of the Cortex, his phone dialing Singh, and the whole task force.

----------------------------

Y/N was suddenly ripped from her memories of Thawne, and what he did to her and her family on Earth-Five.

She stood up and was horrified by what she saw, ivory skulls covered the valley that she stood in. The sky dark and clouded, Y/N could sense that someone was behind her, and she knew exactly who it was.

"When you warned me that this life was going to hard," she said in a monotone voice, "I didn't realize how difficult things would actually be."

"I know," her mentor said quietly. He stood behind the hero, gazing at them with sad eyes, knowing eyes of someone who had been in their shoes before. "That's why I tried to warn you. I hoped that maybe I would get through to you, and you wouldn't have to deal with this. But it was unavoidable."

"Perhaps this is the fate of all heroes," Y/N said turning to face Oliver, Earth-Five Oliver Queen that is, the Green Arrow, the same person who sacrificed his life so that she could live hers.

He shook his head, "Not for you, you can be better, you can be a beacon of hope...I still believe in you," Oliver said looking down at the broken Y/N before him.

"That's what you said to me when you were dying in my arms," she said with a single tear falling down her cheek.

"And I meant it," Oliver said putting his hands on her shoulders. "You have faced terrible losses in your life, but they were not your fault."

"Actually, I think you're wrong about that," another voice said from behind Y/N. She turned to see Devoe approaching her, a wicked smile on his face.

Y/N turned back around only to see that Oliver was now gone, "You son of a bitch," Y/N said facing Clifford again.

"Wow, that hurt," he said pretending to act hurt. "At least I'm not the one that caused the destruction of an entire Earth. You're standing on the bones of the people you killed Y/N, the billions of lives that you took. How does it feel? To know that you caused all of this, you were their hero...and you failed them, all of them. You weren't their hero, you were nothing to them, you were their doom, the sealer of their fate," Devoe said slowly getting closer to Y/N.

"Take Mr. Queen, for example, he sacrificed his life so that you could live and carry on his legacy so that you could save your city...but not even a week later you not only destroyed your city, you destroyed his city and an entire Earth along with it."

"Now, I'd love to continue, but it appears that CCPD has finally figured out where their precious Flashes went," he said disappearing from her view.