Chapter 30

Barry woke up, he looked over to his side as saw Y/N sleeping on her stomach, her arm draped lazily over his torso, her soft snoring in the background. Barry gently ran his fingers through her hair as he watched the sunrise. Eventually, a little while later, Y/N opened her eyes and saw Barry looking down at her, a smile on his lips.

"Morning," he said sipping some coffee out of his mug.

Y/N smiled, "Goodmorning," she mumbled sitting up beside him, her head resting on his shoulder.

"You tired?" he jokingly asked.

"What do you think?" she replied, stealing his coffee and drinking some of it.

Barry chuckled, "I think you look pretty tired," he said kissing her cheek.

"Where are you going?" she asked as she watched Barry get ready.

"There's a crime scene that I have to go to, Joe should be here any minute, he's giving me a ride," Barry explained while grabbing a jacket. 

Y/N knew that Barry would much rather run to the crime scene as he usually did, but he was still struggling with his speed. He could use his speed, but only for a second.

"So I'll see you back here tonight?" Y/N asked as Barry took a seat next to her on the bed.

Barry shook his head, "This shouldn't take long," he said putting her hand in his own.

Y/N smiled, "So when will I see you again?" she asked.

"Swing by the station in about an hour or two. Hopefully, I'll be done by then," Barry said giving her a quick kiss goodbye before he left to go meet with Joe.

----------------------

"Joe, I thought you said this was a 'simple' bank robbery," Barry said as he entered the crime scene. Shattered glass covered the floor, other pieces of debris strung out throughout the area.

"I did say gone wrong," Joe corrected as Barry observed what used to be Central City National Bank.

"We suspect Mark Martin is back in town," Joe added, handing Barry a file on him.

Barry examined it, "Yeah, I remember him kicking my ass vividly on more than one occasion. He's supposed to be rotting in Iron Heights."

"He got out about two months ago," Joe explained. "Iron Heights has been keeping it quiet."

Barry scoffed, "Iron Heights is better at keeping secrets than they are prisoners."

"He took a lot out of you last time, are you sure you can stop him again?" Joe asked Barry.

Barry shook his head, "I'm still having trouble harnessing my speed, it's up to Y/N to stop him."

"Do you think she can?" Joe asked.

Barry shrugged, "She's strong, stronger than most, but Martin is on another level of dangerous and crazy."

Joe put a hand on Barry's shoulder, "We will figure this out until then I think you have some CSI work to do," Joe said leaving Barry to do his job.

-----------------------------

"You're late," Y/N teased as Barry walked back into his lab.

"That should not surprise you," Barry said walking up to her as she sat in his chair at his desk. "You've known me for a long time," he joked, giving her a chaste kiss on the lips.

Y/N playfully shook her head at him, "So what made your crime scene take so long?" Y/N asked.

"Mark Martin," Barry answered, pulling up some evidence on his computer as a few lab techs brought in the physical evidence.

Y/N waited until she and Barry were alone again, "Since when was Mark Martin back in town, isn't he in Iron Heights?" she asked.

"He broke out about two months ago," Barry informed Y/N.

She scoffed, "Iron Heights is better at keeping secrets than they are prisoner these days."

Barry smiled at her comment, "What?" Y/N asked playfully.

"Nothing," Barry said shaking his head. "I just found myself telling someone that same thing earlier today," explained.

Y/N smiled as she looked over the evidence Barry brought it, "Is there anything here that can help us track him down?"

"Yep," Barry confirmed. "Martin left footprints all over the place, even with the damage I found them," Barry said pulling on a pair of gloves.

"Which means that he tracked in dozens of clues as to where he's been," Y/N concluded.

"I love that you are a science nerd," Barry said kissing her cheek. "Now grab a pair of gloves and help me."

Later that day, Y/N and Barry headed down to S.T.A.R. Labs to see if Cisco or anyone else on the team might have a lead on Martin, and his current whereabouts.

"Say hello to the Weather Wizard," Cisco said pulling up his files on the monitors in the Cortex.

"The name suits him, I'm sure a genius came up with it Cisco," Y/N said smirking at Cisco.

"Yeah, I get called that a lot," Cisco bragged.

"What? A genius?" Barry asked.

"No, Cisco," he joked.

Y/N shook her head at him, "Back to Martin," she said.

Cisco nodded, "He can control and manipulate all form of weather, his favorites being lightning and air," Cisco explained pulling up videos of Barry fighting Martin a few years ago.

"Don't forget hail," Barry chimed in, "Giant balls of ice hurtling towards you...painful," Barry said looking at Y/N. She knew full well that Barry didn't want her going up against this Weather Wizard alone, but he didn't have a choice, he was still unable to harness his speed...