Chapter 21

"Come on, sit down, relax," Felicity said pulling up two chairs for Barry and Y/N. They both smiled as they sat down across from them.

"I assume Devoe has been putting you two through hell?" Oliver guessed.

Barry nodded, "He's good, too good."

"We can't figure this guy out, he's been serving a life sentence at Iron Heights for what reason we don't know, that information has been classified to literally everyone, and he was put in the metahuman ward because whatever he did was that bad," Y/N explained.

"Oh, and don't forget that he seems to know everything about our pasts," Barry added.

"Y/N," Oliver started. "Didn't you say something once about fighting a person named Devoe on Earth-Five, how'd you beat him?" Oliver asked.

"I didn't do it alone, I had the help of the Green Arrow. He and I beat Devoe by pitting him against Thawne, we made them both realize that they wanted me dead. Thawne and Devoe fought each other until Thawne eventually killed him, Thawne always had to be the one that would kill me in the end," Y/N explained.

"So if Earth-Five Eobard killed him, how is he here fighting you two now?" Oliver asked.

Y/N shook her head, "Sorry, the Devoe that we are currently fighting is Earth-Five Devoe's Earth-One doppelganger."

Oliver nodded, "Okay, now we need to make a plan to beat this guy."

Felicity followed along, "This guy is smart, maybe even too smart for us, but we've beaten that before. Here in Star City, we don't fight metahumans, we fight terribly smart, terribly cruel people, we fight people like Clifford Devoe."

Y/N smiled slightly, "Good to know."

"I might be able to hack CCPD and fight those arrest records," Felcity added.

Barry shook his head, "They don't exist, not digitally or on paper. I know, I searched the entire precinct and couldn't find anything related to Devoe. He knows how to cover his tracks, once he went to Iron Heights it's like he didn't exist anymore."

Barry leaned back, wrapping his arm around Y/N, "We cannot take it easy on him, we have to bring everything we've got to the table."

"Maybe I can help with that," said Ray Palmer, A.K.A The Atom, he had just arrived from the 15th century, he left the rest of The Legends to help Barry and Y/N, two of his closest friends.

Y/N smiled and got up to hug him, "It's good to see you, Ray."

"You too," he said hugging her back.

"We've got our work cut out for us," Oliver said shaking his hand, Barry doing the same.

"No kidding," Felicity added, hugging Ray.

"Well then, I guess it's a good thing I'm here. Sorry that the rest of The Legends couldn't join me, they're quite busy in the past," Ray explained.

"Don't worry," Y/N intervened, "We've got our work cut out for us too, any help is better than no help."

Y/N knew just how dangerous Devoe was, she had seen it first hand, she only hoped that Ray and Oliver would be enough help to bring him down.

"I got the files Felicity sent me, this Clifford Devoe guy seems pretty bad, even for us," Ray admitted.

Y/N leaned against Barry's shoulder and yawned, still tired from before. Barry was tired too, but he knew that they would be able to go home for the night soon.

"The rules have changed, it's time we change with them..."

--------------------

Barry woke suddenly in the middle of the night, he rolled over and expected to wrap his arms around Y/N, instead, he was met with a cold, empty bed.

"Y/N!" he worriedly cried out.

"I'm fine, I'm downstairs," she replied.

Barry let out a sigh of relief, he laid back only to realize that it was 5:00 in the morning and he wouldn't be able to sleep without her next to him. He groaned and got to his feet, pulling on a pair of sweatpants but nothing else. Barry made his way downstairs and saw Y/N with a dozen or more files laid out in front of her.

"What are you doing?" Barry asked.

Y/N never did break eye contact with her work, she had calculations, simulations, and files all before her. "Working, finding a way to stop Devoe," she explained.

Barry smiled at her concentration, how her brows furrowed when she got confused.

He sat down beside her on the floor, "Want some help?"

She shook her head, examining the file in her hands, "I'm almost done," she said kissing his cheek, not even looking.

"Well then, did you find anything useful?" Barry asked.

Y/N nodded, "Before Devoe was sent to Iron Heights he was working with someone in Keystone City in secret. Someone named The Mechanic, no I.D. on the guy yet, but hopefully soon we'll know more soon," Y/N explained. "But what I do know, is that The Mechanic built some sort of device to help Clifford think at high speeds, it's like a brain enhancement...it's brilliant, genius even."

"So that's how he is always one step ahead," Barry inferred.

Y/N nodded, "He was already a college professor of string theory and physics, so imagine having Harry's brain on steroids...that is what Devoe has," Y/N said.

Barry wrapped his arm around Y/N, "This is amazing babe," he said kissing her, smiling as he pulled back. "No one else could have done all this."

Y/N looked up at Barry with a smile on her face, "Kiss me," she hummed.

"I won't argue with that," he joked, dipping his head down to meet her lips again, this time a little while longer.

"How do you feel about breakfast?" Barry asked.

"That sounds very good," Y/N replied. "I've been down here all night," she said running a tired hand over her face.

Barry nodded, "I'll make you something, yeah? How about waffles and your favorite coffee from C.C. Jitters?" he suggested.

Y/N kissed Barry again, "You know me so well."

"It's kind of my job," he smirked.

-----

Okay, so I'm curious. What do you guys want to see in upcoming chapters/books? I have ideas, but I'm really curious to know what you want to read? Comment or private message me! Please!
-thatflashwriter