Chapter 15

"Tell me where she is!" Barry demanded.

Again, Devoe snickered, "Please Mr. Allen, I assure you she is just fine...for now."

Barry slammed his fist against the forcefield wall.

"I'm simply trying to teach the both of you a lesson," Devoe said.

"Then let's speed things up," Barry said sarcastically. "I'm a pretty fast learner."

"See, that's your problem, Mr. Allen, so far, you've been able to run away from all of your problems...not anymore..."

"What do you mean?" Barry asked.

"I'm a fast learner too, you may be the fastest man alive, but I can guarantee you that I am the fastest mind alive," Devoe said.

"Prove it..."

"It's all the same Barry, humans consider themselves unique, so they have based the whole theory of their entire existence on their uniqueness. One example is their unit of measure, but it's not, all social systems in place are irrelevant all they've learned is 1+1 equals two, but 1+1 has in fact never equaled two. There are no numbers and no letters, they have codified their existence to bring it down to human size to make it comprehensible. They've created a scale to forget its unfathomable scale. For instance, film a car speeding down a road, speed up the image infinitely and the car disappears. So what proof do we have of its existence? Time...time gives legitimacy to its existence...time controls us all..."

"I don't understand," Barry said.

"I don't expect you to, it took me a long time to figure this all out, but time is everything, it rules everything, controls everything. And you can manipulate it, unlike any other," Devoe explained. "You have a godly status...and you waste it! You misuse it!"

"What do you want?!" Barry questioned.

"To strip you of that godly status, to show the people of this city that you are no more than human, that you, Barry Allen, are nothing. I will kill you, and I will kill Y/N, but first I am going to make both of you suffer a fate far worse than death..."

"Let me see Y/N," Barry demanded once more, the frustration boiling inside of him.

"Very well," Devoe said slipping into the shadows, he came back minutes later dragging Y/N by the collar of her suit behind him. She was unconscious, completely unaware.

He dropped her to the ground, not caring if he hurt her.

"Let her go," Barry said through gritted teeth.

"Who?" Devoe said lifting Y/N back up, this time by her neck, "Her? Hate to break it to you but I'm having quite a bit of fun with her," he said slapping her across the face and then dropping her to the ground.

Barry could see a hand print around her neck from where he had touched her.

Devoe laughed at Barry's anger, "Are you mad Mr. Allen?" he asked kicking Y/N in the ribs, hard. "Does this anger you?"

"Stop!" Barry screamed. "Just stop," he cried, tears falling down his cheeks. "Please."

"Stop what? This?" Devoe asked, kicking Y/N once more, even harder this time. "You need to be more specific Mr. Allen," he snickered.

Barry dropped to his knees, "Please," he begged, tears cascading down his cheeks. "Please just stop hurting her..."

"Now we are getting somewhere," he said dragging Y/N back to the same place she came, leaving Barry to rot in silence.