Chapter 47

The Finale:
Part Two

"You won't win," Y/N told Devoe as he began pacing around the room slightly.

Devoe chuckled lightly, "Oh, but I think I will. You see, I have managed to out-think the two fastest people in this city, you are the only line of defense left in my way," he said motioning to all of the unconscious policemen on the floor. "And if we're being honest, I'm not afraid of you."

"You should be," Barry countered. "We are stronger than you think...never underestimate your enemy."

"But I did, Mr. Allen, and I'm not afraid to do so again," Devoe replied, he didn't appear afraid, in fact, he was confident that he would win, he was confident in his abilities, but so were Barry and Y/N.

Y/N furrowed her brows slightly, "Then what are you waiting for?" she asked.

Devoe smirked, "An old friend," he said as Carter Duncan approached both Barry and Y/N from behind, though Y/N knew that it was impossible for Duncan to have broken out of the pipeline.

Y/N was right as it was just another mind trick, an illusion put on by Devoe.

Y/N spun back around to confront Devoe when she saw that he had a gun aimed at Barry, the shot already fired and making it's way closer to him. Y/N ran forward as fast as she could, she couldn't save herself, but she could save Barry because when Y/N caught one bullet, another one lodged itself in her abdomen.

Barry instantly spun back around and caught Y/N in her arms before falling to his knees with her. "Y/N," He said breathlessly, "What did you do?" he asked her; still in shock of the situation that had just unfolded.

Y/N looked up at him, noticing his worried expression. "You would have done the same for me...I love you, Barry...I love you..."

Meanwhile, Devoe looked down at the pair, laughing. "See, you two would do anything to save each other, and that is your weakness. That bullet, by the way, laced with a paralyzing agent. It starts out simple, but within minutes, she won't be able to breathe..."

Barry cried as Y/N began to fall weaker in his arms, "Why?" he asked angrily, looking up at Devoe.

"Because I know that she is your everything, and you would do anything to save her, even if it meant sacrificing yourself," he answered.

Y/N reached up and grabbed Barry's hand, bringing his attention back to her, his expression softened almost immediately when he looked into her eyes. "No," she choked out weakly. "You can save this city, Barry...so do it..."

Barry knew what Y/N wanted him to do, she wanted him to leave her and save the city, putting the people before herself, a quality that Barry had always admired.

"I love you," Barry told her. Though he already regretted his decision, Barry listened and he laid Y/N down gently and attacked Devoe, not holding back this time.

Cisco and Harry had been planning something to work against Devoe. The idea was to use his pocket dimension breaches against him, all Barry had to do was open one and close it, after that Clifford Devoe would be drifting helplessly through empty space and time.

Barry had been able to dodge most of Devoe's attacks and land a few of his own, eventually, Barry sped around the room fast enough to open a breach, but just before he threw Devoe in, Deove stopped him.

"This doesn't end with me, you know," he told Barry. "I'm not the only one after you, who do you think sent me?" he questioned. "If you thought I was a problem...oh just wait-"

Barry couldn't take any more of Devoe's mind games today, or ever for that matter. Barry tossed Devoe into the pocket dimension breach before anything catastrophic could happen...it was finally over. However, despite the fact that Barry had just won, he also felt like he lost everything as he rushed back to Y/N's side.