Chapter 13

Over the next few weeks, Y/N and Barry had been able to take down several metahumans, 7 to be exact, each with a different and new unique ability, but each one suffered the same fate. A life sentence in Iron Heights, metahuman ward.

Everyone on the team was happy, except for Harry. He wanted to know why there was a sudden increase in recent metahuman activity, the rest of the team was blinded by their joy, whereas Harry saw the true meaning behind everything.

"Allen, other Allen, I need to speak with both of you," Harry said walking into Barry's lab at the station.

The two speedsters looked up from their lunch, "What's up, Harry?" Barry asked.

"The metahumans, all seven of our most recent metahumans have a common link, a connection if you will," Harry explained.

"What kind of connection could they all have?" Y/N questioned.

"They were all sharing communications before each of them fought both of you, now, they are all at Iron Heights, in the same ward," he explained once more.

Barry furrowed his brows, "So you think that they might be planning something, or working together?"

"Precisely," Harry confirmed.

"Barry," Y/N interrupted as she looked down at her phone. "We've got a distress call coming from Iron Heights," she said getting up and speeding off, Barry just behind her.

They arrived to see all seven of the metahumans they had fought heading back to their cells, not resisting. 

"What the hell happened?" Y/N asked, looking around for some sort of clue.

"That," Barry said walking off towards an empty cell, the door was broken, Y/N followed behind him, "There's a prisoner missing."

"You're late, but that is inmate number 5231, A.K.A Clifford Devoe," a voice said from behind the two. It was the Warden, he had just arrived on the scene to see what had happened.

Y/N listened to what he said, "What kind of powers did he have?" she asked.

"None, we kept him in the metahuman ward because you two designed it to be the most secure place in the whole facility," he explained. "Apparently not secure enough, however."

Barry was offended, "We designed it to be secure, not unbreakable, we never guaranteed that no one would escape," Barry defended.

The Warden shrugged, "That's not my problem."

Y/N sighed, "What did he do that was so terrible that he ended up in the metahuman ward?"

"That's classified information," the Warden explained.

"Please," Barry said. "We need to know what we are up against."

"No," the Warden said again, "That information is classified even from me, I have no idea what he did to end up with a life sentence in the metahuman ward, your guess is as good as mine."

Barry and Y/N both shared worried glances, this Devoe person had to be pretty dangerous for his information to be classified even from the Warden.

"Can you handle the cleanup on this?" Barry asked.

The Warden nodded, "You two better go catch this guy before something bad happens."

-------At S.T.A.R. Labs-------

"Say hello to Clifford Devoe, he is currently serving a life sentence at Iron Heights, for reasons so classified that they didn't even put them in the computer system," Harry explained.

"I tried CCPD too, they won't even tell Joe, or Singh what he did," Barry added.

"That makes him dangerous," Y/N concluded, "Especially if he doesn't have powers and was able to do something like this."

"Agreed," Harry said.

"So, what next, how do we find him, or fight him for that matter, we don't even know what he did," Cisco said, bringing up a very valid point to the team.

"What about the Judge on the case, the Judge would have to know what he did," Y/N suggested.

"Problem, the court records don't exist, no trial dates, conviction dates, no sentencing, it is as if he put himself in there," Harry explained. "It doesn't make any sense to me," he added.

"There has to be something," Y/N said, crossing her arms, "He can't just go the prison, in the metahuman ward, without powers might I add, and have done nothing," she explained.

Barry nodded, "We have to have something on this guy other than his name."

"We do," Cisco said from behind his computer. "He was a professor at Central City College, professor of string theory and physics. He has a wife, Marlize, other than that this guy is a ghost story, nothing since he first checked into Iron Heights about 3 years ago," Cisco explained.

"You can't find anything about him going to Iron Heights, no probable cause or anything?" Y/N asked.

Cisco shook his head in silence.

Before anything else could be said an alert sounded throughout the Cortex, "Cisco, what is it?" Y/N asked, speeding into her suit, Barry doing just the same.

"Um...a bridge collapse on 3rd street downtown," he said oddly.

Barry looked confused, "Cisco, there is not a bridge on 3rd street."

"I know," Cisco replied, "That's why I am confused, but that is what the sensors say."

"Check it out, it is more than likely a malfunction, just to be safe, check it out," Harry said practically pushing the two speedsters out of the Cortex.

---------------------

"Yeah, I'm looking, not really seeing, Cisco," Y/N said looking around the area, which was unusually quiet for this time of day.

"Same here," Barry said heading back towards Y/N.

"Flash!, help!" a voice cried out, Barry and Y/N both turned at the same time, their eyes immediately scanning for the danger, but everything went black before they could. The last thing Barry remembered was hitting the concrete, then, darkness...

-----A/N-----

Okay, so I am going to use Clifford Devoe as a character, however, I am not going to follow what the show did with him. I am going to change his background and storyline. Essentially, I'm just taking his name for the most part. Enjoy!

~thatflashwriter