Chapter 25

Y/N sat in the Cortex, everyone else had gone home for the night. Cisco walked in quietly and sat beside her, "Are you okay?" he asked, though he already knew the answer.

Y/N shook her head, "Barry asked me to do something, before...you know. I'm debating if I should or not..."

Cisco furrowed his brows, "What did he ask you to do?"

"He asked me to reset the timeline," Y/N said looking directly at Cisco. "He asked me to do the one thing I've always been told not to do. He told me to just trust him and reset the timeline..."

Cisco contemplated the thought for a moment, "Are you going to?" Cisco asked.

Y/N shrugged, "I don't know...I think so..."

"Want some help?" Cisco asked.

Y/N forced a weak smile, "Thank you, Cisco, but I think I can manage," she replied.

"How does one 'reset' the timeline exactly, I'm assuming you can't just shut it off and turn it back on again," Cisco pondered.

Y/N laughed softly, "It's actually not that hard, you just run back to a certain point and let the timeline play out again. In doing so the timeline takes a turn, it usually results in a different outcome than the one that happened before the reset," Y/N explained.

Cisco nodded along, "So, Barry thought it would save him?" he asked.

Y/N shrugged, "I don't know, there could be a million different reasons why he wanted me to do it. But what I do know is that Barry wouldn't tell me to do that lightly. He knows the consequences and risks of messing with the timeline...for some reason he felt the need to reset the timeline," Y/N said.

"And it's up to you to fulfill that need," Cisco finished for her.

------------------------------------

Y/N had spent over an hour preparing herself, convincing herself that she was doing the right thing. She did the calculations and determined the yesterday morning was the best time to run back to, seeing as it would cause the least damage to the timestream.

Y/N stood in the pipeline, she knew that all she had to do was run back to the beginning of the day Barry died, it seemed so simple. But it couldn't have been more difficult.

----------Flash to the Past----------

One moment Y/N was in the pipeline, the next, Y/N woke up in her bed, Barry's arm draped over her waist. "I reset the timeline," she silently whispered to herself.

Though she was not silent enough to not wake Barry, "What was that?" he asked in a raspy voice, snuggling into her warmth.

Y/N smiled and wrapped her arms around him tightly, never wanting to let go. Barry woke up rather quickly, "Hey, what's this for?" he laughed.

"I just love you...a lot," she said lifting his chin and kissing him, taking her sweet time.

Barry chuckled and moved closer to her, his head now resting his head on her chest, a goofy grin on his face. "I love you too," he replied, his eyes meeting hers in a gaze.

"You seem pretty happy to be going up against Devoe so soon," Barry noted. "Aren't you a little scared, or maybe even afraid?" he asked, looking up at her.

Y/N nodded, "I'm absolutely terrified," she answered with tears in her eyes, running her fingers through his hair.

Barry frowned, he sat up and pulled Y/N into his arms, "You don't have anything to be scared of," he whispered into her ear. "We'll get this guy...I'm right by your side."

Y/N continued to sob quietly and softly into Barry's chest, he was confused as to why she seemed so upset. But then again, Barry didn't know the terrible reality nightmare that Y/N had just lived through. "Don't forget my promise," he reminded Y/N. "I'm always going to come home to you."

Y/N smiled, she wanted to believe him so desperately, more than anything in the world. However, she knew that even though she had reset the timeline, the future could still have the same outcome, she could still live the same terrible reality that she came from...Y/N only hoped and prayed that this time things would change...that this time...things would be better.

---------------------------------

Later that morning, Y/N and Barry went to S.T.A.R. Labs. The team had just found a way to contain Devoe after they caught him, Lian Yu. She noticed that Kara was present this time around, Y/N didn't complain however, the team needed all the help they could get. Y/N then grew bored of the same conversations, the same interactions that she had already lived through. The agonizing wait of what the future would hold was gut-wrenching for her.

Y/N just got the call and raced downtown, people had begun to panic as the windows on the building shattered, sending glass shards and remnants tumbling into the street below. Y/N focused on getting people to safety while Barry fought with Cassidy Freeman, their most recent not-so-friendly metahuman.

"Where do you need us?" Oliver asked over the comms.

"Help Barry," Y/N instructed, "Ray, help me get this perimeter set up. Harry? What do you have for us?"

Harry ran out of the Cortex and into his workstation, he knew that he had to have something that could fight off Cassidy. Caitlin, Julian, and Felicity struggled to find anything in the Cortex to help him. Only this time, Harry didn't get trapped downstairs, and the team was safe. The distress call to S.T.A.R. Labs never came.

Barry stayed with Y/N downtown getting civilians to safety when the skyscraper left the ground.

"Y/N? Please tell me you have a plan," Ray said flying around the building.

"There are at least 400 people in that building, if I can get inside we can create an assembly line and get them all out before the building rises too high," Y/N explained.

"I can help too," Barry said skidding to a halt by her side. "I'll sweep the building, make sure that we got everyone out safely," he added.

Ray agreed with their plan, "That sounds great and all, but what about the building? How do we get it down safely?" he asked.

"Haven't thought that far ahead," Y/N said scrambling to search the floors of the building. "Cisco, once the building is empty can you breach it away?"

"That's one hell of a breach that I'd have to open," he replied. "Maybe even impossible...but I'll try."