Chapter 1//pencils are for writing, not throwing

(This story is currently UNEDITED)

Authors note:

Hey everybody. This is my new book. So excited to write this one 'cause I have so many ideas for it. Hope you enjoy and tell me if you do. I will also try and make the chapters longer than my previous books because I know they were short. thnx :)

-------------

Chapter 1// Pencil's are for writing, not throwing.

Emily P.O.V. (Point of view)

I woke to my alarm clock. Damn it. I forgot to turn it off last night. It's not even a school day and I'm waking up at 7:00 am. Great. I groaned and hit the snooze button. I rolled over to face the window. Great. I had forgotten to shut the curtains aswell. I thought about getting up and doing it, but I was to exhausted. It had been a big week. I put my face into my pillow. Going back to sleep wasn't going to happen. I heard my door open.

"Emily dear?" My mum said softly.

"Yeah?" I replied, my voice muffled and unclear.

"Good. Your awake. Just letting you know we are all going next door for dinner tonight."

I put a thumbs up to her without moving the rest of my body. The door shut and I kicked my legs in frustration. Great. Dinner with the Devil. Again. I rolled over onto my back and stared up at the white ceiling. I managed to shut my eyes. But then my phone vibrated on my bedside table. I grunted as it continued to vibrate. Why was the world against me this morning? I picked it up and slid the bar across to answer.

"Yes Tori?" I asked into the phone.

"Hey Em, what's up?" She asked.

I switched to speaker and rested the phone on my stomach.

"Uhh just fighting the world," I said humorously, "What about you?"

"Heh, you're weird. I'm going shopping today." She stated.

"Good for you T. So why did you ring me?"

"I was just wondering if we can catch up tonight?" She said hopefully.

"Sorry. I can't."

"Dinner again?" She knowingly asked.

"Unfortunately, yeah" I confirmed, "Can we make it tomorrow night though?"

"Sure. I'll come over at 5."

We both said good bye and hung up. Trying to stay in bed now would be impossible. So I wandered downstairs to the kitchen.

"Morning." George said innocently from the kitchen bench before scoffing his face with more jam covered toast. I managed a smile back as I passed him towards the pantry. I scanned the shelves for some cereal.

"Mum said to tell you she went to the supermarket." George said as I turned around with a box of coco-pops in my hand.

His adorable big blue eyes looked up at me from behind the white plate he was currently licking clean.

"Don't be a pig." I said sitting down next to him and messing up his dark blonde hair with my hand. He swatted my hand away and put down the plate.

"Where is Dad?" I asked after pouring my cereal into a bowl.

"Still sleeping." George replied, getting down from the wooden stool and heading towards the stairs.

"Plate." I called after him. He sighed, spun around on his heels, and came back into the kitchen. He grabbed his plate from the bench and put it over in the sink.