Chapter 12// Boyfriends & Girlfriends

Authors note: hi everyone. I hope you liked the last chapter. Things are starting to heat up now and the drama has begun :D haha.

I really appreciate all you guys reading this book and following along, it makes me so happy. So thank you for the support. Ok, Bye xx

Chapter 12// Boyfriends and Girlfriends

Emily P.O.V

It turned out, Bailey was right. Braxton did take that kiss as meaning we were a couple. That night he messaged me about it. And we made it official.

I have a boyfriend.

*****

I stroll down the quiet road, my fingers intertwined with Brax's.

We were on our way to see the rest of the group down at the cafe. They don't know about me and Braxton yet, only Seb, who is already there and promised not to tell them before I did.

We pushed open the door and stepped into the cool, coffee smelling shop. The group was sitting outside on the deck. As I got closer, I could see Seb with his arm over Claire's shoulder.

That's normal right? A close friends thing?

But then it was like time froze. Everyone else in the cafe suddenly weren't there and all I could see, was Seb kissing Claire. Then time sped up again when Braxton tugged me forward towards them. I was still processing what I just saw when I sat down at the table next to Bailey, with Braxton on my other side.

I mean I knew him and Claire had a 'thing' but, I never thought it would happen.

"Oh hey!" Claire said to me brightly. She is never this loud.

"Hi Claire."

"Me and Seb are together!" She commented obviously.

I nodded. "Yeah so are me and Brax." I replied, squeezing his hand.

"Oh good for you guys! This is awesome!" Claire said. I've never seen her this happy.

"So everyone is official then." Isaac stated.

"So Seb and Claire. When did you guys exactly start going out?" Bailey asked.

Seb grinned and looked at me quickly before answering;

"This morning actually."

And I understood now. That bastard Cooper has just deliberately stolen my thunder! I told him this morning about me and Brax then he went and made it all official with Claire so he could steal my thunder here at the cafe! Now everyone was focused on Claire and him instead of me and Braxton. Now I'm not saying I'm an attention seeker, but this was suppose to be about my big news. This was special for me and Seb just had to go and take it away.

"Ow. Emily what are you doing?" Braxton said to me quietly. I realized I was gripping his hand so tightly it was turning white. I quickly let go and wiped my hand on my shirt, anger still sweeping over my body.

I needed to get out. But leaving now would make me look jealous which I wasn't.

"How about I order us some drinks?" I offer the table, at an attempt to escape for a minute. Everyone places an order which I memorize before going to line up behind a little boy and his mother.

I sigh. Why did he do this to me? Does he enjoy putting me through this? And what about poor, innocent Claire who is being used!

Maybe he was jealous of me. That's reasonable I guess. I mean I know I would feel kinda upset if he had a girlfriend while we were here and I didn't. But I wouldn't go and get one just to show him up! I mean that's stepping over the line.