Chapter 14// Halloween Special

Authors note: Welcome all to The Devil Next Door, Halloween Special!!!

*Insert evil laugh* >:)

I don't really celebrate Halloween here 'cause its an American thing but I've always wanted to. Here is the best I can do for this chapter and I had fun deciding what costumes everyone would wear! And it may be really dramatic but I just couldn't help myself.

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Bye xx

Chapter 14//Halloween Special

Emily P.O.V

I rub my eyes as the morning light shines through the window onto my face, warming it slightly. I sit up, and scan the room. I always wake up forgetting where I am, but it only takes a second for my memory to come back. I slide my feet out of bed and onto the floor, yawning and stretching my arms up in the air. I saunter over to my closed door and open it.

I scream and jump back in fright as a small glowing skeleton falls in front of my face. I have landed flat on my ass. What a pleasant way to start the day.

"In your face! Happy Halloween Sis!" George laughs from my door before running off down the hall. I groan loudly. Half in pain and half in frustration.

That's one thing I didn't remember this morning. It's Halloween. I can't believe it.

I get up slowly and pull the hanging skeleton down from my doorway. I chuck it on a bed in Molly and George's room as I pass.

The rest of the house is already awake. My dad and Chris are sitting at the bench watching my mum and Laura cook breakfast. Seb appears from the lounge room where the voices of Molly and George are coming from.

Remind me to get that little prankster later.

Seb shoots me a quick smile which I do my best to return. Its to early in the morning to be feeling anything towards him.

"Ahh good, everyone is awake now." My mum establishes from the kitchen sink. I stand at the end of the table watching everyone move around. "We have a few jobs to do today, it is Halloween after all." Mum adds.

"We bought three pumpkins to carve and sit out the front of the house. The two kids have volunteered to help us with that." My dad says before taking a sip of his coffee.

"And we are going to bake Halloween cookies." Laura adds, putting a hand on Mum's shoulder as they smile at each other.

"What are you Teens up to then?" Chris asks me and Sebastian. I exchange looks with Seb and he speaks for us.

"We have been invited to our friends' party. Can we go?" he asks the parents. They all look at each other and nod their heads.

"Sure. Do you need costumes?" Laura replies.

"Yeah that's where we were going today. Everyone else but us and Claire have got theirs." Seb explains.

They keep talking but I leave the kitchen and head upstairs. I go into George and Molly's room in search of all George's Halloween pranking supplies. I find it all stashed under his bed and I scoop it all out into my arms, sneaking into my room and shutting the door behind me.

*****

I had set up all George's pranks just on his room and told Molly not to go in there, I didn't want her to be the one scared out of her wits. I felt so evil. And that was one mission complete for the day.

There is a knock at my bedroom door.

"Come in."

Seb pokes his head around the corner and smiles, his brown eyes full of light.