Chapter 17// Moonlit Dancing

Authors Note: Hello Everybody :) how are you all? Thats good, that's good. Hehe so I'm so excited for this chapter. :)

I've been planning it from the start and ugh I'm just so keen to write it. I think I might change between views throughout the chapter just coz I think that will work. But it will most likely be mainly in Emily's view which I'm sorry coz the last chapter was her. Anyway, who cares.

So yeah. Also I've been watching my read count thing and oh my god it just keeps going up and up. :) The thing is though most the reads are on the first chapter then it's pretty much downhill from there and that kind of concerns me. :/ idk.

But so anyway....... please enjoy this chapter. It's a little more upbeat than the last and it should be good. :) bye bye xx.

Chapter 17// Moonlit Dancing

Emily P.O.V

I gaze out my bedroom window at the rising sun. Trees poke out from between the houses and birds fly all around. A beautiful morning. I hug my knees to my chest and run my fingers over the soft material of my Minnie Mouse pajama pants.

There is a faint knock at my door and I turn my head slightly to see my mum sanding there. Her eyes smile with her mouth as she approaches me, her messy auburn hair bouncing over her shoulders.

"Good morning honey." She says squatting down beside me. "Are you coming down for breakfast?"

"Yeah in a minute. I'm not that hungry." I sigh, returning my gaze to the morning sun.

"Look Em, I know your upset about how Braxton broke up with you, but you have to move on."

Yeah ok, so I told her he broke it off with me. But hey, it's not like I was going to tell her what really happened, she would flip!

"Yeah I know mum, I'm fine." I smile at her.

I really am fine though. A little traumatized, but fine.

"Ok then. Get dressed and come down." She pats my back softly and leaves.

I do as she says and change into a maxi-skirt and a black tank top. Then I join most of the two families downstairs in the kitchen.

"Good morning." I greet them, heading over to grab a plate of eggs and bacon from the fry pan. "Anyone have plans for today?"

My mum glances at Seb who smiles and turns to me.

"No Emily I don't have any plans. Do you?" he asks suspiciously. I frown.

"Um, no, I don't actually." I reply cautiously.

"Oh I know!" my mum outbursts, making me jump, "Why don't you invite those lovely friends of yours over, you know, Bailey and Claire?"

"Uh sure, sounds good." I fork some bacon into my mouth.

People are weird this morning.

*****

There is a knock at the door downstairs and I wait to hear someone answer it. There is faint chatter that I can't understand followed by footsteps up the stairs.

"There she is." Claire smiles widely from my doorway before running over and jumping on my bed, Bailey right behind her. I sit up and cross my legs on my bed and individually hug them both.

"How are you holdin up Hun?" Bailey asks.

"Yeah I'm fine. A bit rattled by the whole thing but I'm fine." I add a smile. "How about you Claire, with Seb and all?"