Chapter 13// One Big Mess

Authors note: Hey everyone. I'm kinda having a writers block (if that's what it's called). I want to keep the book interesting for you but I don't know how kind of. Please bare with me though.

Here is what I've come up with for this chapter, it may be bad and short but ill get back on my feet soon. I hope. thanks for reading. Bye xx

Chapter 13// One Big Mess

Seb P.O.V

Everything is so fucked up.

Me and Claire are together. And it feels wrong. Emily and Braxton are together, and she is happy (I think). Why can't I be happy with Claire? What's wrong with me? Claire is pretty and kind. And Emily hates me for some reason. She has been avoiding me since we seen the others at the cafe. Speaking of the others, I haven't seen much of them either. I have just been ringing Claire. I don't know what's going on. I wish Emily would speak to me.

*****

The hot water runs down my face and over my body, relaxing my tense muscles. You know when you have those mornings where you wake up and you feel like you ran a marathon over night? Well, this morning is one of those.

I reluctantly turn off the water and step out of the shower. I dry myself and change into grey board shorts and a black t-shirt. I look back at myself in the steamy mirror and sigh. I scrape my pajamas off the bathroom floor and leave to my bedroom.

"Bye kids!" The parents call from downstairs. They are all going fishing, including George and Molly. So I am left in the awkward zone. Here in the house, alone with Emily.

Maybe she is planning on going out to see Braxton. I should be seeing my girlfriend, but I'm too sore and lazy today.

I waddle downstairs to the kitchen, which is a mistake.

"Hi." I mumble.

"Hello. How did you sleep?" she asks flatly.

"Not very well. I think I ran a marathon in my sleep." I reply rubbing my sore thighs. She doesn't say anything, just takes another bite of her toast, followed by taking a sip of her hot beverage which smells like it could be a milo.

"Kettle still hot?" I ask. She nods slightly. I scoop coffee and sugar into my favorite mug; the one covered in pictures of superheroes. I pour the water, then milk, and stir.

We stay in silence. Awkward silence. Though I don't know why it's awkward. What happened to Emily? Was it me? Braxton? Why is it so awkward now?

"Why aren't you going out?" I ask.

"Why aren't you? You do have a girlfriend now."

"I don't feel so well." I avoid her eyes.

"Neither."

And it falls silent again, though less awkward this time.

"Do you want to do some cooking?" I suggest to her. I'm no Masterchef contestant but I do enjoy the occasional baking of a biscuit.

I watch Emily's face expression carefully as she thinks.

"Ok. But I get to choose what we cook."

"Deal." I agree, happy that she is finally not trying to avoid me. She puts her dishes in the sink and heads to the cupboard.

"How does apple-cinnamon cupcakes sound?" She says over her shoulder.

"Fine." I reply as I get out a mixing bowl, "Just tell me what to do."

*****

We end up making a mess. There is flour all over the bench and apple juice on the floor.