Chapter 5// Milkshakes & Chips

Authors note:

Well I'm back with chapter 5. I've been trying to write fast and get these chapters out for you to read but i have been so so busy lately. I've missed Wattpad. This chapter I will try to make long but I don't know how I'll go :/ ok. bye.

Chapter 5//Milkshakes and chips

Emily P.O.V

The morning breeze blew the wisps of loose hair around my face. I tightened my ponytail and folded my arms. A car zoomed past as I scuffed my black canvas shoes along the footpath.

It was so soon. Why didn't my parents tell me sooner? It explains all the running around they have been doing lately. But four months is a long time.

I reached Walkers Café, me and Tori's favorite place. I pushed open the glass door and scanned the room looking for her. I spotted her sitting in a far corner, talking to a waiter. I made my way over and she stood up to give me a hug.

"I got you your favorite," she said as we both sat down.

"Thanks." I manage a smile.

"So why did you ask me here? Has it got anything to do with the long face your so greatly pulling off today? She asked humorously. I smiled.

"Yeah. Last night my parents told me we are going on a big holiday." I started. I was about to continue when the waiter returned with two milkshakes. Chocolate for Tori, banana for me. I took a sip and shut my eyes so I could fully enjoy the sweet flavor.

"So why is that so bad?"

"Because its a four month long holiday. And you will never guess who's family we are tagging along with." I reply, rolling my eyes at the thought.

"Oh god. Sorry Em. Where are you going?"

"I dunno, some island that their uncle has a house on or something."

"Lucky you. Islands are beautiful. I've always wanted to go away for a holiday on one." Tori daydreams.

"Yeah well so have I. But definitely not with Seb." I complain.

"Look Emily," Tori begins seriously, "You can't ruin this trip for the rest of your family just because you don't like Seb. It's a holiday. Enjoy it. At least pretend to get along with him while your there."

"I've pretending to like him almost my whole life."

"Well then four months more isn't gonna kill you."

"I guess your right," I begin to cheer up, "I'm gonna make the most of this trip and no stupid boy is gonna get in the way of that."

"That's the spirit Em!" Tori congratulates me. We giggle and drink down our milkshakes.

"I'm going to miss you so much T'"

"I'm going to miss you as well Em"

"Oh my gosh I almost forgot! What about the School Dance! We were going to go together." I sadly remembered.

"Oh yeah it's right before we go back to school for last term. You'll be away." Tori pointed out.

"I'm so sorry. I wish I could go. We had it all planned."

"No no it's ok. I wish you could come as well but there are plenty of people I can go with. Its fine. Don't feel bad." Tori tried to comfort.

Well of course I feel bad. Even though there isn't anything I can do about it. This really sucks. Why did I have to go away now?!

No Emily. Positive thoughts remember. This holiday will be great. Perfect time to relax and forget about school.

I slurped up the last of my milkshake and headed out the door, my arm linked with Tori's. We strolled casually down the street towards my house. Tori only lives 20 minutes away from me, if she walks. So we go back and forth between each others houses quite often. Her parents are split up and she has 4 brothers and sisters. Her house can get pretty hectic so she prefers to come to mine.

We stopped at my front door and turned to each other.

"Thanks for the talk. You are right about everything. I need to enjoy this." I say to her.

"It's ok. Glad I could help."

"We'll definitely catch up again before I leave." I promised.

"Definitely. Bye." she replied.

I waved after her as she walked out of our front yard and down the street. I entered our house and wandered into the kitchen.

"Hey George." I said happily.

"Oh hi Em." He said cutely, scoffing down some salt & vinegar chips.

"Why do I always fine you eating?" I asked him happily. He smiled and put another chip in his mouth. I grabbed a small packet of chips for myself and headed upstairs.

I know this is going to sound totally crazy, but, I kinda of feel like talking to Seb. What's wrong with me? I think someone poisoned that milkshake or something.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

I walked over to my window and sat down, opening my packet of chips. I went to open my window but what I was looking at made me freeze in amazement.

Sebastian was sitting on his bed holding a Barbie doll dressed in bright pink clothing. His sister Molly sat beside him and controlled a Barbie of her own.

He is playing with her?!!

I couldn't believe my eyes. The Seb I knew was completely gone and this nice big brother had replaced him. His eyes lit up when his sister smiled. I realized I too was smiling. Admiring this perfect little scene from my window.

But the scene ended when Seb looked up and saw me watching. I felt suddenly awkward. God I must look like a creep. Seb sprung to his feet, dropping the doll on the floor. Molly was talking behind him but stopped when she spotted me as well. Seb quickly pulled his window open and I did too.

"I....I was just.....Molly needed..... Why were you watching me?" Sebastian stumbled. I giggled quietly.

"We were playing Barbies!" Molly called excitedly, coming to the window and showing me the dolls with a big smile on her face. Seb turned and 'shushed' her before saying to me,

"No we weren't... I was just...." he trailed off, scratching the back of his neck. Poor guy. He has a reputation to live up to. Spreading this secret is out of bounds. It would be too cruel.

"It's ok Cooper, your Barbie play time secret is safe with me." I winked.

"How can I trust you?" he asked curiously. I stuck my head out the window and leant as far out as I could across the gap between our houses. I reached out one arm and offered him my pinky finger. He leant out his window and reached out a strong arm. our pinky fingers linked briefly before we both retreated back into our rooms.

"Ok." He replied simply, before closing his window and shutting his curtains.

I left my window open for the breeze to flow in. I guess I'll start packing. Maybe this won't be so bad after all. I mean, a free holiday to a tropical island with my family and their friends. Sounds good to me. I have learnt to live around Seb for this long, why should living on a island with him be any different?

---------------------

Yeah that wasn't really that long. Next one should be though!! :/ (I think) (sorry)