Chapter 7// Island Party

Authors note: hey everybody. I've been really inspired lately and have been trying hard to write lots. The storyline for TDND is now clear in my head so I know exactly where I'm gonna go from here. Anywho, here is chapter 7! Enjoy. :D

Chapter 7//Island Party

Seb P.O.V

I yawned and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. For a moment I forgot where I was. I sat up slowly and scanned the room. My unpacked suitcase sat in a corner with clothes falling out of it. I got up and went out onto the landing. All the other doors were shut except for Emily's. I went downstairs to the kitchen where I found her buttering some half burnt toast. Her bed hair framed her face like a matted mane. I smiled to myself.

"Morning sunshine." I greeted, making her pale cheeks turn red.

"Morning."

"Any bread left for me?" I asked hungrily, scanning the bench for leftovers. I spotted the bag of bread and pulled out the two pieces that were left. I dropped them into the toaster and turned to Emily.

"So what are your plans for today?" I asked cheerfully.

"I'm on holiday. You don't make plans when your on holiday." She replied after swallowing a mouthful of toast.

"Actually I need you two to go food shopping today." My dads voice came in from the hallway. He joined us in the kitchen and put a piece of paper on the table.

"That's the list, you just have to get everything on it." he explained.

"Why us?! Can't you and mum do it?" I complained.

"Well have you got anything better to do? And besides, it will take you less than an hour." dad replied. I picked up the list which was massive and double sided.

"Yeah, right." I remarked.

"Just do it for us please. I don't hear Emily complaining." my dad says before leaving the room. I look over at Em who is happily scoffing her face with toast. I smile and turn to collect my own toast from the toaster.

*****

"No Seb, you have to get the frozen stuff last or it will just melt." Emily orders me, putting back the tub of ice-cream I had picked out. I rolled my eyes.

"Well sorry, miss bossy pants." I mumble. She ignores me and pushes the trolley further down the isle. The supermarket is quiet today. I check my watch and it reads 10:37am, and it's a Sunday. So that explains it.

We finally finish off the shopping and wait for my Dad to come pick it all up. He pulls up in the car and we load all the food in.

"You two want a lift back?" he asks. I turn to Emily who shakes her head no.

"No thanks." I tell dad. He pulls away from the curb and disappears around a corner.

"Check this out." Emily says behind me. I join her in front of a pin up board just outside the supermarket doors.

"Takana Island Youth Festival," She reads the title of a poster, "All Takana residents and Visitors under 18 (but over 14) are welcome."

"Like a party?"

"Yeah, tonight. It's at somewhere called 'the service hall'."

"We should go," I suggest. Emily begins walking down the street and I jog after her.

"Do you wanna go or not?" I ask.

"Not really. I don't know anybody."

"Neither do I. But we know each other. And it will give us a chance to meet other people here." I continue. She stops to think for a minute.