Prologue

"Oh daddy, for me?" A very attractive male youth had a clueless and excited look on his flawless face as he stared at the thin, not so attractive middle-aged man who was wearing thick-framed glasses and an expensive cashmere suit. In his hand was a square velvet box, the one that the much younger male was referring to.

Practically blinded by the youth's appeal and sunniness, the man — 'daddy' as the young male called him — passed over the red velvet box to the excited boy. "Since your results in your final exam were so marvellous, I decided to get you this straight from Tiffany's!"

The 'amazing results' were actually due to the seductive skills of the young boy — his professor was a divorced man who was interested in brainless and cute young boys; the defining features of Jess Archwood.

He was dumb, pretty and blonde with blue eyes. Many men of high status took cute boys like him under their wing, pampering and coddling them. Jess had hooked himself onto a CEO of a very large and prominent company, one particularly happy to give him exactly what he wanted for very little in return — basically, he had found himself an idiot.

And even though Jess' outer appearance was that of the average idiotic blonde bombshell, he was actually quite different. Past those diamond-obsessed thoughts of his, Jess was actually quite intelligent. But he was rather lazy, not bothering to work and earn the money to buy his beloved stone. Instead, he found it much easier to entice unsuspecting wedded men with spouses to get them for him.

And thus, brainless Jess was born.

The man he was currently with was born of old money and one who had inherited a million-dollar company and was currently running it as the top position. He was married to a lovely, rich and stunning wife (who by the way, was a brunette), having five wonderful children; three boys and two girls. Apparently, he had been dragged along to the club where Jess had frequented throughout his adolescent years and almost immediately after meeting the beautiful blonde, had become infatuated with the boy.

This man was named Charles Walters. And he sure as hell loved the diamond-obsessed boy.

"Oh, it's so beautiful! Thank you so so much, daddy, I absolutely adore it!" He placed the diamond necklace against his neck, twirling around to face the mirror where he admired the jewels against his pale skin.

Charles smiled at his cute little blonde, getting closer to the boy and taking the diamond necklace away from him. "Here, I'll put it on for you."

Jess' eyes lit up and Charles chuckled as he saw it in the mirror. Very carefully, he clasped the necklace chain and let the blonde continue to admire himself in the mirror.

"You look gorgeous darling." And he really did — the fair beauty really did suit the shining jewels he held so dear. Against the darkness of the beautiful male's shirt, the sparkling jewels particularly stood out.

"I just love diamonds!"

Prancing around his 'humble' five-bedroom apartment, Jess was wearing his favourite set of diamonds — three rings, two bracelets, one bulky necklace, two dangly earrings and a beautiful tiara. All made of diamonds, and all a gift from Charles for his twenty-first birthday.

In all his narcissistic and oblivious ways, Jess didn't seem to notice the stunning brunette woman sneaking up on him with a sleek black gun in her hand.

That was until she pressed the barrel of said gun against his forehead.

"You shouldn't have had an affair with my husband b*tch."

Jess' widened baby blues were glistening with tears, further intensifying the brunette's hatred and desire to kill.

"Time to die."

"Not the diamonds!"

And after one loud 'bang', there was silence.

'Diamonds are Love, Diamonds are Life' (or just 'DalDal' for short) was currently prancing around the souls waiting room, trying to find someone suited to him

'Diamonds are Love, Diamonds are Life' (or just 'DalDal' for short) was currently prancing around the souls waiting room, trying to find someone suited to him. Apparently, not that many people were as obsessed with diamonds as he was and most of the people who did love them were just complete idiots or absolute assholes.

As the Goddess of Life and Wealth's personally made system, how could he ever choose some low-class tramp for his host? He only deserved the absolute best!

In the distance, lounging lazily on a couch and surrounded by many different souls, was an adorable blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy. On his soft curls lay a sparkling diamond tiara while his neck, wrists and fingers were adorned with similar ones.

---[Holt sh*t, I've just found my soulmate]---

It was love at first sight.

Without even heading over to the boy, Diamond immediately linked the beauty's soul to his system. As he read over the information, he fell even more in love with his new host.

---Transferring soul....---

---Transfer complete! 'DalDal's host is being sent to the first world---

END CHAPTER

~~*~~

Old money - Wealth that has been inherited rather than earned.

I was listening to jazz and 'Diamonds are a girl's best friend' (up top) popped up and I decided 'Hey, let's make a book about it!

And yes, I will refer to the system as male (it can get rather annoying if I don't have any. This book isn't a systemxhost book so sorry to burst any bubbles xD

Also, this is my first book so please be gentle...