2.7

There is a semi-important thing down in the A/N. You don't have to read (it doesn't impact the book at all) but once again, I'd appreciate an opinion ^^

"Jellybean, you need to calm down. Everything will be okay if we can peacefully bring your host out of the world. It won't hurt and he won't be in any sort of pain, at all. I promise you that he will return to the space safe and sound." Her voice was firm and full of love, just like a mother. She was comforting the half-crying DalDal.

"B-But what about the mission? Host didn't manage to complete his first mission and I don't know how much that affected him but failing two in a row? Even if that doesn't hurt him, it hurts me! And plus, you do know what happens if a host gets three failures in a row?" She could see DalDal was about to experience a breakdown but the consequences of one are not a good thing.

"Jellybean, you don't' need to worry. I'm sure Leonard will go through and erase the missions or mark them complete. Your host will not be punished and the two of you will receive adequate compensation for this. But, the final decision is yours."

DalDal didn't seem to hear what the goddess had said, continuing to panic. He didn't want his host hurt! If they failed too many times, regardless of whether the people at the agency did anything, his host would be punished! And because DalDal is a special, custom system, he would be doubly punished!

"N-no! Host can't leave the world! Host will hurt if he is forced to leave the world! My host doesn't deserve any pain! Host is much too good for that!"

"Jellybean, if you keep panicking like this, you'll shut down! And if you shut down, your host will be taken out of the world! You need to calm down!" The goddess was panicking slightly herself. They could peacefully and painlessly retrieve DalDal's host out of the world but if he gets forcefully taken out because DalDal shuts down, then it will be the most painful thing one could experience.

"N-no! Host is going to be hurt, Host will be badly injured! H-host shouldn't be--"

Before DalDal could finish his words, he shut down.

"Well, sh*t."

Luther stood on guard, staring at the sobbing Liriope with worry in his eyes

Luther stood on guard, staring at the sobbing Liriope with worry in his eyes. He wasn't sure why the name 'Bambi' had upset his beloved so much. Luther slowly got off the bed and tried to

"Ba--"

"Shut up! Just shut up!" Liriope slid down the wall, still clutching his chest. Tears were blurring his vision and he couldn't help but let them out.

Luther tried to get closer once again but Liriope grabbed a gold plate from the dresser next to him and pegged it at the dragon with full power. The stronger man barely managed to avoid it, cringing as he heard the plate shatter into pieces on the wall behind him. He didn't want to even turn around and look just to see the beautiful antique plate thousands of years old laying in a thousand pieces on the ground.