3.7

The next day, Hadley returned to his old self. When he woke up, a small velvet box wrapped with a red silk ribbon was lying next to him on the bedside table. Feeling the space beside him on the bed, there was no trace of the passionate night he and Louis had shared or any trace of the other man being there in the first place; the sheets were cold.

Letting out a sigh, Hadley reached over to the box and read the small card attached aloud.

'Good morning darling, I hope you slept well. As promised, I've told the staff you won't be home till late (if at all) so they shouldn't prepare a proper dinner. I'm sorry that I had to leave so early, something in the company needed my urgent attention. To pay for my sins against you, I have gotten you this small present and a larger one is down on the dining room table. Enjoy~

Your one and only husband, Louis xxx'

Squinting at the box, Jess felt a rush of excitement within him which meant only one thing:

NEW DIAMONDS!

Holding in the squeals of delight, he pulled the ribbon, watching with glee as the red silk gracefully slipped off and revealed that precious diamond-holding box in all its glory. After a moment of appreciating the box, he practically ripped open the box to reveal two large dangling diamond earrings sitting snugly.

Letting out a small squeal of delight, he removed the small diamond studs already in his ears and replaced them with the eye-catching dangling ones. He practically ran to the walk-in-wardrobe wrapped in his sheets and admired himself in one of the many floor-length mirrors. Though the earrings were beautiful, the unkempt bed hair and general untidy appearance were not nearly as.

Jess scanned his body before giving a little twirl, admiring himself and the way the silk sheets moved on his body.

"Damn, I am quite beautiful, aren't I? Being on the way to completing one of my missions is merely a side bit~" He hummed in approval. "Also System, what other items do I have to collect? And on that note, could you just give me a quick rundown of my missions again?"

Had the system been a person, it would have been rolling its eyes in annoyance.

<< ... As the host requests. For your mission to collect diamond-related items, you must collect two bracelets, one of which MUST be a gift, one necklace and an engagement ring which must also be given to you.

Alongside that, you have to take Greyson away from his mother and divorce Louis. >>

Pausing for a moment, he'd stare intently at himself in the mirror. "So not only do I have to get divorced, I have to take my brother away and then get engaged? Isn't this a bit much especially considering my past failed missions?"

<< Systems don't make the rules. Gods run the system and allocate missions. >>