1.6

Chanel nodded like a good little girl, following timidly as the receptionist made her way over to the exclusive, executive elevator.

Standing inside, Chanel was awestruck by the sheer amount of buttons on the pad; there were 69! 69 whole floors! That coupled with the fact this elevator was glass and looked out onto the busy streets of A city just went to show how rich Chase Empire was...

The receptionist leant against the glass window, her eyes narrowing as she glared at Chanel. "Listen here you little hussy, don't even try to get close and seduce Mr Chase; you aren't even worthy to clean his shoes. Then again, he wouldn't even want to look at your ugly ass."

Chanel froze, absolutely shocked. This... This b*tch! How dare she tell her to not befriend (and boyfriend, you get it? No? Okay then...) Mr Chase! It's her absolute right to woo, date and marry the man — if she's not worthy, who else could be?! It sure as hell wouldn't be this b*tch!

Deciding to go head-to-head with this 'jealous' receptionist. "Oh shut up you jealous little harlot, if I want to get close to Mr Chase, I will! And have you seen me? Of course, he would love looking at me because — unlike you — I'm actually pretty!"

The two continued their glaring contest, the receptionist breaking eye contact once the elevator doors once opened. She elegantly stormed out, basically leaving Chanel in the dust.

Chanel was in awe — this floor looked even more luxurious than the lobby! Everything was first-class; there were dark oak floors, seating that looked like it belonged in some high-end furniture store, hand-crafted coffee tables, nice rugs here and there, a few paintings, even a grand piano! But most importantly. there were huge, floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the streets of A city...

Such a stunning view!

"Oi, hussy, get your stinkin' arse over here." Chanel turned around and glared at the receptionist who guided her up here, eyes full of dislike and malice. "I don't give two sh*ts what you think, if you want the job, you better get the f*ck over here."

If you couldn't tell, the receptionist had quite the sassy attitude and a complete potty mouth.

Chanel rolled her crystalline eyes, walking over to the man sitting behind the desk and that b*tch receptionist with long, arrogant strides.

"Johnathon, deal with this hussy. I — unlike some — genuinely work for my pay and aren't here to whore around with the boss." With a sassy hair flick over the shoulder, the receptionist strutted through the executive elevator's open doors, turning around and blowing a kiss. Except this kiss was done with the rude finger stuck right up at Chanel.

Meanwhile, inside the CEO'S office~~~

"Whaddya mean your grandma can't make it?" Jess was on the phone, spinning around in male lead-sama's big black leather chair as he spoke to the girls in their group call.

"No, but... Your grandma was meant to show me her diamond collection! You know how important this is to me Em, why would you betray me like this?" Had Jess been a girl, he would have fit right in with the rest.

Sighing, he nodded for a bit before saying goodbye and hanging up. Frowning, he started to roll the chair back and forth on the dark wooden floors.

'Why on earth can't I have one good thing in life?' Jess had entered one of his moods — the moods that come exclusively when he couldn't get his hands on a specific diamond/s. It really pissed him off...

---[Host, her grandma went to the hospital and all you're thinking about is the fact that you can't get your paws on her diamonds? Do you have no sympathy?]--- DalDal felt sorry for the sweet old woman; she adored Finley (Jess) but he preferred her diamonds over her. How sad, how depressing.

Jess snorted. 'I have my priorities set straight my dear, and as always, they are in their correct order.' Jess was smug — as if he was certain that prioritising a materialistic, inhuman item like diamonds over a fellow person's life was correct and without fault.

{The wonders of the human mind. So strange yet so brilliant~} DalDal couldn't help but be a bit swayed by his host's firmness on the matter. His host was so beautiful, so enchanting! He was sure that even the High God — the god that reigned as king over all the other gods, the one that has existed since the dawn of time — would happily dote on the boy! His own goddess adored Jess and she hadn't even personally met the boy quite yet!

Apparently, he even had a fan club being started up back in the highest heavens. They even made an official building and everything!

Hmph, which host could compare to his host? Which system could compare to him? Only System 0001 could ever think of comparing to the majestical him! Every other system would have to bow down to the favoured goddess' personal creation!

Really pays to have your creator be the sole daughter of the High God. And to be the sole system of said daughter. All it meant was doting, doting, doting — and that doting was also given to the system's host~

---[Host, I can sense the protagonist (FL) nearby, she appears to be standing at that desk receptionist guy out front. From my senses, she seems pretty pissed and upset...]---

Jess once again perked up. 'Is my life about to get interesting again? You know what, let's make a bet DalDal. If you win, I have to give you a diamond of your choice and vice versa if I win.'

DalDal could feel worry build up inside his non-existent tummy, something told him not to do this with his Host... But with diamonds coming into play, how could he resist?

---[What's the bet about?]---

Jess smirked. 'Simple; how long do you think it will take me to destroy the possibility of a relationship between the female lead and my brother?'

END CHAPTER

~~*~~

Word count according to Grammarly: 1044

It is currently 1:40am and I just finished writing this chapter... No proofreading done.

So I was playing some Minecraft today and I went on a server that I hadn't been on in well over a year (Hive) and I reconnected with an old friend. It was really great to see her and speak to her again and just play like we used to, even if it was without the old pack...

Also, would anyone be interested in a werewolf story on my profile? To be honest, the idea for it has been swimming around for AGES (ever since I went through a werewolf phase a while back that is)... Please tell me if you'd like it because then I could get to writing and posting it <3

Anyways, hope you enjoyed reading about the sassy receptionist as much as I enjoyed writing about her.