Real life round the corner

They found a country pub, it was chilly and they were lucky enough to grab a seat by the fire.
"This is bliss" said Jac sinking down into the small sofa next to Fletch. Sipping her mulled wine. She stroked his arm
"Hey you" he responded. "So what are you going to do with the rest of your time off?"
"I don't know. I never had a particular plan. I definitely didn't plan on this! Jonny has got Emma for a couple of weeks so I have some time alone. I wish you had time off too Fletch"
"Me too babe"
She smiled inwardly at being called babe again
"I'm definitely going to contact that friend of Becky's for specialised physio. I might head to the south coast for a couple of days and when Emma gets back just spend quality time with her and days out. I want her to know I'm around at home and can be 'fun' at home. Rather than being in pain or too tired to play. But I want us to be at home rather than the false setting of being on holiday. She got a bit clingy after the shooting as well"
"poor kid. She probably didn't know whether she was coming or going with you in hospital, Jonny's shifts, crèche. She even had me at one point when Jonny had left her and you were asleep one afternoon. Sacha took her home I think "
"She loves you though Fletch. The spider song king"
"What can I say. I'm very loveable"
"Yes you are" She giggles
" Emma will start to feel better. At least when I was in hospital after I got stabbed by that patient - I'm still not sure to this day what happened for me to get complications that nearly killed me - I made Raf promise to take them on because at that point he was the most constant presence in their lives and they didn't have to be shipped all over the place because he lived there. I think it helped them settle. That's why it was so hard for them when he was killed"
"I didn't know about you being stabbed - must have been before I came back"
" yeah got stabbed, was involved in that incident where the guy wanted to blow Guy Self up and I had to run with the grenade and throw it out the back and then the shooting. I'm a bloody jinx mate I would steer well clear if I were you"
"I'll take my chances"
"You know Jac, I think we're gonna make this work" he kissed her forehead
They ate their meal and headed back to Jac's house " You staying over mr Fletcher?"
"You asking me Ms Naylor?"
" I certainly am Mr Fletcher" said Jac suggestively
It was all going to feel very different after tonight, real life was going to creep in and challenge their new found happiness