A small trip to history

You felt giddy with excitement. You wanted to run, to shout, to tell everyone what you were going to do...but you had to wait. You couldn't sit down, couldn't read a book, couldn't even use the computer. Your mind was like a butterfly, whatever distraction you chose for yourself, your mind kept fluttering back to the idea you were about to do. Then you'd get that tingly feeling all over again.

You couldn't even eat breakfast from the thought of exploring. It was finally the day you, Jasmine, Eunhee and Hyora decided to check out the abandoned castle in Seoul, which looked horrifying to the point no one even dared to step foot at.

The abandoned castle belonged to one of your great ancestors. It was a very old one and could be compared to a Dracula mansion. You thought it was a great idea to check it out and explore, so you could find and learn something about the history of your Royal family.

Of course, two people were against you. Your parents. They kept saying no even if you begged but sooner, they had enough of you and your friends nagging, so they decided to let you go. But on one condition. A few guards will be kept outside the abandoned castle as the girls explored. And you happily agreed for it.

"Everything ready?" Jasmine asked, adjusting her frock.

Only Eunhee and Jasmine were wearing something they would wear for a tea party. While you and Hyora settled in for a white or a black t-shirt with a pair of ripped jeans. But there was no time to change, so you said nothing about the clothing.

"Yes, let's go!" You jumped happily and led them to your family limo. After arriving at the destination which felt like hours, you happily jumped around, asking everyone to hurry up.

"Do we actually have to go in?" Eunhee muttered but everyone heard her.

"Of course we have to. This would be the best chance to see if ghosts or spirits actually exists." Hyora smirked, she took her camera outside and took pictures of the old castle.

The honeyed stone of the chateau was smooth and warm to the touch in the first heat of summer. The straight walls were interrupted at the corners by pronounced circular portions and the grey roof was a series of slopes and cones. It was larger than you ever imagined it could be.

This castle stood to inspire awe in a realm run on deference to royalty, to title and social status. From cloistered rooms land parcels were given to lords for promised service. In times when "technology" meant wood, string and metal armoury, the expectation of comfort was reserved for just a few. The once proud turrets had crumbled in places giving the impression of a disheveled party hat.

The castle is more ancient than any bone left in the soil. The once smooth rock is pitted and scarred. The trees surrounded the caste like great armies defending their citadel. Their armoured trunks reached out in the air protectively.

It wasn't a traditional Korean castle which were described in history books. More so whatsoever, the castle of your family was designed by a foreign architect, causing this to be one of the biggest attractions.

You decided to explore the surroundings first before entering the castle. The first thing in your mind was the garden. It was strange actually, since your mother taught you a few tales when you were little. Knowing it was made up, you still couldn't help to wish it could be true.

The towering trees slanting over the land. The sun passes through any miniature hole it can reach and illuminates the green background. You wouldn't call this a garden. Not in this condition. Everything was covered in green. You could see a few wild flowers and fruits hanging from up high, waiting to be touched.

Just as you were about to leave, you spotted a swing, swing alone as no one sat on the old piece of metal.

"My mother told me, fairies lived here and they would come out when no one's around." You walked towards the swim and touched a handle gently.