Chapter 6 - Is it just me, or is it tempting to refuse?

I think I'd been asleep for about an hour when I felt something land on my stomach.

My eyes flew open in shock, and I sat up quickly.

What ever landed on me fell on the floor with a loud thunk, and some soft cursing.

Okay, so what ever jumped on me was either human or wolf.

Sniffing the air a little, I winced.  I just pushed my mate onto the floor.  She probably got hit by something on the way down too, if I'm judging by the fact that she hasn't stood up yet, and the cursing I heard when she first landed.

"I thought people like you were supposed to have some kind of sense.  Who knocks someone to the ground like that.  Jeez."

 "I'm sorry," I whispered watching as she stood up, "You startled me."

"I can see that.  Move over," she replied motioning with her hand for me to do what she said.

"What are you doing awake anyway?"

"Can't sleep.  Besides, it's not a good idea for me to sleep in the same bed as Abbie.  I tend to try to cuddle with anyone who is in the same bed.  That or I end up trying to lay across the top of the bed.  There have been multiple instances of stealing the covers.  Well, not actually stealing the covers.  Just not having enough.....  You know what?  Let's not go over that list."

"You can't sleep?" I asked in confusion.

Wasn't she falling asleep before that movie?

Yes.

 Yet she can't sleep now?

I guess not.

Let's not question that too much.

Agreed.

"Nope," she said looking around like it was two in the afternoon, "This is the other side effect I deal with.  I can't sleep at night.  In high school I had a bad habit of taking major tests after having two or three hours of sleep.  If I was lucky I would have four, and it was all because I couldn't go to sleep."

Weird

Not questioning it.

"Okay......"

"Now I repeat, move over, or I'm going to sit on you again."

Is it just me, or is it tempting to refuse?

Not just you, but you know we're going to have to do what she says anyway so.....

I sat up, and held my blanket up so she could get under it too.

Smiling, she crawled under it, and laid down on the edge of the couch.  I'm not sure how she managed to stay on with the amount of space she had, but she didn't fall off.

"Not really what I meant by move over, but I think I can deal with it," she said putting her head on my shoulder.

We just sat like that for a couple minutes.  I wasn't sure what to say to her, so I didn't say anything.  It wasn't really uncomfortable, but I kind of wish I could think of something to talk to her about.

Asking what her favorite color sounded lame, and that was the only thing I could think of.

"Galán?" she asked picking up my hand, and playing with my fingers.

There's that word again.  We forgot to look it up.

I know.  You forgot to remind me.