Chapter 20 - Just talking to your stalker cousin (Hayden's Dad's POV)

I only want to see.  Just to make sure that he really is as okay as Greg says he is.  Make sure that Sarah isn't going to subconsciously let him do something that is going to get him killed.  Not saying that she would ever do something to him on purpose, but I just have to make sure that she's as good with him in private as she was when Greg was watching.  What if she let's him play with small objects that she doesn't realize he can put in his mouth and swallow?  What if she let's him eat peanut butter, or honey?  What if she leaves him in the car?

You, my good human part of the brain, are worrying too much.  She doesn't even have a car.  Well, if she does, she doesn't drive her car.  Our son will be fine.  My wolf tried to reassure me, but under his words I could feel that he was just as concerned as I am.

"Don't be so jumpy," Greg said from the driver's seat, "Nobody will recognize you..... Unless you keep squirming in your seat like that, and wipe that worried look off your face.  That just screams suspicious."

I nodded my head mutely, not wanting to explain what was really on my mind.

"We're almost there," he added after a few minutes of silence.

"You're sure she's going to be there?"

"Yeah man, she goes to most of my pack's pack functions now.  It's probably Hero's way of making sure that she stays safe while she's out of his territory.  He's always been overly protective of her.  That's the only reason I can think of for her spending so much time with the beta."

"I though you said that she was dating him?" I questioned, only half paying attention.

"She is, but why would someone ever want to get to know Victor unless they were forced by their pack's beta?"

"I guess you could be right," I replied, just as absentminded.

Greg pulled into the driveway for his pack house, and found a place to park.

The slamming of his door startled me, and I jumped out of the car to hurry and catch up.

"Calm down," Greg instructed, grabbing my shoulders, and spinning me so I was looking at him, "If you can't compose yourself I'm just going to take you home, and I won't bring you next time we have a pack picnic.  I don't want you to die of a panic attack."

His words alarmed me.  If he did that I wouldn't ever get to see Hayden.  Well.....  I would, it just wouldn't be considered strictly legal.  It would fall under the category of stalking, and I don't want to have to resort to that.

I started to take deep breaths to try and calm my heart rate.

When I felt relatively better I nodded my head at Greg, signalling that I was okay to go in now.

He gave me one more stern look before releasing my shoulders to walk through the door a fake smile slipping onto my face as I followed him.

"The food is in the kitchen, but most people are going to sit outside," Greg said over his shoulder as he lead me through the house, "If we hurry we might be able to get some seats in the shade."

"If you go and get the food I'll go save us some seats," I said, trying to make it seem as casual as I could, despite the nerves that were still flying around in my stomach.

Greg turned, and glanced at my face, "Fine by me, but if I end up sitting on the ground I'll spit in your food."

A smile slipped onto my face in response to the teasing lilt to his voice, "If you spit in my food I'll make sure to show your beta that picture I have of you at your last birthday....."

Dealing With The Twinsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें