Chapter 22- We gotta get out of here. (Hayden's dad's POV)

Tonight is the night.  I'm not going to wait any longer.  Tonight I'm going to bring Hayden home with me.  

I hate to have to do it to him, but Sarah isn't a suitable mother.  She can't be trusted to keep my son safe.

It's for the best.  Who knows what would happen to him if we left him there. 

Exactly.  We have to think about what's best for Hayden here.

I looked at the supplies I had sitting on the passenger-seat, car-seat, a bottle and formula in case he wakes up, lock pick, rope, and a change of clothes.  Not sure what I would use the rope for, but I figured it couldn't hurt to bring it along.  If everything went as planned I wouldn't need the lock pick either.

Breathing in and out deeply, I pulled my car over to the side of the road a few blocks away from Sarah's house.

This will be easy.  We did our research.  Only Sarah and Hayden are home.  Abbie should be staying out late on her date with Zander, and Victor has to work at the club for a while.  He won't want to wake Sarah up.

You're right.  I guess I'm just a little nervous about committing one of the worst crimes in the werewolf world.  If Sarah were a werewolf she would hunt me down and kill me in the slowest possible way for even thinking of doing something like this.  

But she's not a werewolf, and besides, Hayden is our son too.  Can it really be considered kidnapping when he's our son too?

Yes, Sarah doesn't know he's ours, and even if she did, remember how Hayden came to be?  I'm not sure how many rights you can claim to a child that is a product of...... that.

Don't think about that.  He's our child, and we need to protect him.  The reason that kidnapping is one of the worst offenses in the werewolf world is because of the overwhelming need to protect our young, and normally when a child is kidnapped the person that kidnapped them is a threat.  We should be the ones going after Sarah.  She's the only threat to our son.  We only want to keep him safe.

You're right.

So get the lock pick, and get out of the car.  If you don't go now you might chicken out. 

I did what my wolf told me to without another though.  After all, werewolves are told that their wolf is always the one to listen to if we're not sure about something.

When I got to the window of the room that Sarah had recently put Hayden's crib in, I hesitated a little, listening to make sure that nobody was in there with him.

After a few seconds I was reassured that Hayden was the only one in there, and I pulled up on the window.

A small snort of annoyance escaped me.  Of course Sarah wouldn't bother to lock her....my son's window.

This is why we need to take him away from here. 

At least this makes our job easier. 

I slipped through the window quietly, and made my way over to the crib that was in the corner.

"Hi there Hayden," I whispered to the sleeping baby, "My name is Harry, and I'm your daddy.  I came to take you away from here.  I'm going to take you somewhere safe."

He gave no indication that he heard me, but I didn't really expect him to.

I reached into the crib, and for the second time in my life, I pulled my baby into my arms.