Chapter Two

"Come on, Lizzy. It's a Saturday night, take the rest of the night off," Uncle Jet walked towards my desk.

"I don't know about that," I said as I clicked through various things on my computer, "I can't seem to find who's in charge of all of this."

"All of what?"

"All the drug dealing. It's tearing our city apart," I frowned, typing Ethan's name in again, hoping for a match. And again, nothing.

"Liz, if you don't take the night off, I'll have no choice but to put you on desk duty for a week."

I pouted, "I'm getting in trouble for working too much. Is that even possible?"

"When you're as young and beautiful as you are, yes. You need to live your life, and meet a good man. My brother's waiting on my grandkids," he referred to my dad.

Both eyebrows shot up, "Grandkids? Absolutely not. You better tell my dad to slow his roll," I giggled.

"He thinks he's getting old," my uncle shrugged, "He doesn't want to miss out on being a grandfather."

"Old? He's 53."

"Well, we know he exaggerates a lot," he sighed, "Now, get your butt off of that computer, and clock out."

"At least he doesn't exaggerate as much as his wife," I said under my breath before getting up.

"Liz..," he raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, okay... No mean things about my mother. Fine," I shut down the computer.

"Thank you."

"Can I say goodnight to Aunt Carol first?"

He shrugged, implying he didn't care, as long as I went out and had a good time. My uncle always thought I had worked myself too hard, and encouraged that I went out to have fun every once in awhile.

I kissed my aunt's cheek goodbye. I was the only one still working, my cousins already took their night off.

I clocked out before driving home. I called to get pizza delivered while I was in the car, so when I got home, I wouldn't have to wait that long. My uncle always thought I would go out with a group of girls in my free time, when honestly, I wasn't into that. A group of girlfriends definitely wasn't my thing. Too much gossip for me. My idea of a night off meant pizza and Netflix.

I finally stepped into my room, taking all my clothes off. I liked to be free when I was home alone, wearing nothing but panties and an oversized t-shirt. Comfort was my main thing.

I sat down on my couch, surfing for a movie. Mean Girls was tempting. It was an all-time favorite. But I knew every single line in this movie, so I wanted something I haven't seen yet. Maybe I should catch up on a TV show. How To Get Away With Murder seemed perfect.

My bell rang, and I knew that was my pizza. Sitting down on the couch with it was my favorite part. I reached to open the box, and as soon as I did, my phone rang.

Tati.

I sighed in frustration. I picked up the phone, "What is it? You're cutting into my pizza time."

"Put the pizza down. We're going out tonight."

Tatiana was my closest girlfriend.

"Out? No, honey, I'm staying in."

"No, you're not. You know how I know?"

"How?"

"Because I just pulled into your driveway. Open your door."