Chapter Forty-Five

Lisedi

My body stretched out against the soft silk sheets. I let out a yawn. My eyes still closed wanting to roll over and continue sleeping. Last night was such an adrenaline rush. Tons of energy exerted. Being mentally sharp and methodical took precision and effort. As soon as Aubrey and I got to our room, we passed out. I reached over for him. Empty space. Opening my eyes, I rolled over to see him standing in the doorway that led to our private balcony. A gentle wind rustled the curtains and blew in the smell of the blunt he was smoking. It was a wonderful view. Shirtless with the morning sun rising. Perfect.

I propped up on my elbow and continued to admire him. A feeling of anxious surged through my body. On our nightstand was a tape recording of everything from last night. Travis's confession. Our ticket home. A place I've longed to return to. I had to call my uncle first. There were nerves. I hadn't spoken to him since that day we arrested Aubrey. He made endless attempts to reach out to me as did the rest of my family. I couldn't respond. Not until today.

He looked back and smiled when he saw that I was awake. Turning back to look at the view, he took another hit and let the smoke slowly escape his lips.

I rolled out of bed and walked up behind him, wrapping my arms around his perfectly carved physique. My head laid against his back.

"You know, this view is amazing. I've been looking at it for awhile now," he said, "but it doesn't compare to seeing you wake up in the morning."

I placed a couple kisses on his back. He brought me beside him and draped an arm over my shoulder, kissing the top of my head. I had to agree, watching sun rise over the crystal blue ocean and white sands was breathtaking.

"Last night went well," I said, "everything worked out perfectly."

He nodded, "I was impressed by you. The way you handled it and got what you needed from him."

"Well, he has what I want babe...what we want. The freedom to go home without shackles and cuffs."

"When are you calling your uncle?"

"To make sure this goes as planned...asap. Like right now. At least to get them here by tomorrow. He'd have to get the information to the Feds, they have to get warrants and send whoever over here to bring Travis back to Canada, extradition may come into play but my uncle has some pull to get it done rather quickly."

"Let's make that move then."

He let me go so I could go find my phone. It was hiding underneath one of the many pillows that decorated our bed.

I unlocked my screen and went to my contacts. Aubrey sat down beside me on the bed. Once I found his name, I was hesitant to press it. I looked over at Aubrey, who began to gently stroke my hair.

"I don't know what to expect when he hears my voice," I said.

There had been so many times I wanted to call him and say I'm okay and I'm sorry for everything. I felt horrible that they had no clue if I was dead or alive.

"I'm right here baby," he held my hand with a squeeze, "let's go home."

I gave him a small, heart filled smile. I looked down before nervously pressing his name.

Three rings before he picked up.

"Lizzy?" There was so much hope in his voice.

"Yea?" I began to frown. I wanted to cry just hearing my Uncle's voice. I haven't seen him in so long, I miss him so much.

"Oh my god, it's you," he sounded like he couldn't believe it.

"Yea," my eyes watered, "It's me."