Chapter Nineteen

Lisedi

"Oh my gosh. I love it, Sedi. You look so hot right now!"

Tati had finally emerged from the bathroom to see me checking myself out in the mirror. Today was my big day. I turned 25 at the stroke of midnight. My day was free from work, but she had kept me pretty busy. Hair and nail appointments. For the first time in a while my hair had received a silk treatment and was pressed straight. My natural nails and toes received a much needed mani and pedi with gorgeous pastel pink gel coating. She had no problem swiping Aubrey's card on my behalf. I was a little more cautious, not wanting to go over the limit he didn't give me.

Our last stop was the MAC make-up counter in the mall. Tati's favorite. I didn't need much, but whatever the woman did gave my face a natural glow. I was loving their Rebel lip color on me.

When we arrived back at my place, there was an outfit laid out for me on my bed. This super cute strappy bustier and a matching skirt resting at knees length with lace accents and an empire waistline. The deep plum purple complimented my skin perfectly. The peek of belly was showing just enough skin. My body looked amazing in it. Tati gawked at the brand new pair of black pumps by Christian Louboutin that were also featured. By looking at these labels, I was almost sure he spent way too much money.

"Thank you," I twirled around as I looked in the mirror, "it's a perfect fit. Aubrey is really outdoing himself."

"Yeah girl. He surprised you with an ass of roses this morning, cooked you a five star breakfast, treated you to hair and nails, hooked you up with BCBG and red bottoms? If you don't give him some ass tonight, bitch."

"I'll think about it," I switched the contents from my purse into a sleek, black clutch, "where are we going anyway?"

"Bitch, stop asking me. It's a surprise," she huffed, smoothing out her black strapless body con dress she paired with cheetah printed heels.

My day has been full of surprises. Not that I didn't appreciate them, but a control freak like me tends to get a little anxiety when there's too much unknown.

Her phone rang with a text, "Oh, that's us our ride is outside."

"Our ride? Who? Aubrey?"

"Girl, come on," she picked up her purse and grabbed my hand to make me hurry behind her.

When we stepped outside I was hit with yet another surprise. A limo was waiting right outside of my building. Once inside, there was a bottle of Dom Perignon on ice with a card attached to it.

For my beautiful birthday girl

-AG

"Oh my gosh," I felt my cheeks becoming hot, "he's so sweet."

Tati didn't waste any time popping bottles. We were on our second glass by the time the limo came to a stop. The driver came around and opened our door. He extended his hand to help me out. We were parked in front of Fring's.

"Dinner?"

"Yes, my treat," she linked our arms together, "thank you sir!"

The limo driver nodded. We walked ahead to the main entrance. The parking lot was somewhat full. I definitely expected it to be packed on an early Saturday evening like this. Something was different.

Once inside the lobby, we were greeted by two hostesses. Tati gave them our names. They were expecting us. The first woman grabbed two menus and asked us to follow her.

"Close your eyes," Tati said.

I did so. She took my hand. We walked for a minute or so and came to a complete stop. Something sounded like doors opening. She guided me forward a few more steps.