Chapter Thirty-Six

Lisedi

Our talk was much needed. Tough but needed. Two weeks of constant pushing and pulling was more than enough added stress to an already stressful situation. It felt like forever ago since I got to wake up with him like I wanted; wrapped securely in his arms, breathing in his scent and being so in love. I missed it so much.

I was the first to wake up, finishing myself lying there and watching him sleep. So handsome, peaceful looking. I gently brushed my fingers over his beard. He still hadn't cut it since we've been here. That eventually woke him up. He tightened his hold around me, placing kisses all over my face and telling me how much he loved me. Finally things were going back to normal. Being back home in Toronto would make it that much better, but I knew that was almost impossible at this point.

Breakfast was usual. Small conversations floating around the table. Diana secretly flirting with Aubrey. It wasn't much of a secret anymore. She would stare at him with this stupid grin when she thought I wasn't looking or cut her eyes between he and I. She's lucky I spared her ass so many times when Aubrey and I weren't good. She didn't think I peeped that. Even when I was ignoring someone, I was still highly observant. Since I did such a superb job of keeping my cool then, I decided to keep my classy hat on and not wipe the floor with her face.

Even though we had a late breakfast, everyone went back down for a nap after eating. I guess there wasn't much of anything else you could do when confined to this property. Some of the guys passed out of the couch, Gissy and Chubbs went upstairs and Aubrey was knocked out on our bed after ten minutes of trying to get me to lie down with him.

I was nowhere near tired. Lying in bed all day wasn't my thing. I put on some shorts, t-shirt, sandals and finger combed my hair down from a top knot. Paolo and Guadalupe had been on my mind a lot since I had last seen them. I owed them a visit. They told me that if I didn't couldn't find them at the market that they'd be at their home. The address was saved in my phone in the Notes app.

It wouldn't hurt. I was safe with them. From the last time I knew not to wander off to places that I wasn't too familiar with. Plus, I needed the fresh air and change of scenery. I was slowly but surely going stir crazy.

I grabbed the keys and headed out the door to the driveway. I opted for the black Corvette this time around. Sergio and Aubrey's relationship had to be hella cool for him to lend us cars like this.

Just as I crunk up the engine, I heard a couple taps on the window. One of Sergio's guys that manned the front of the home with a few others.

"Yes?" I said politely as I rolled down the window.

"You go somewhere?" he asked, dressed in normal street clothing but cradling a lethal weapon in his hands. Probably more on his hip too.

"Si, I'm going to see amigos?"

I had been working on my Spanish since being here. It helped kill time being in that house 24/7.

"You tell Mr. Graham? He say no one leave property, no one come on property without him know."

"It's fine, sir, but thank you for your concern-"

"Eh no no no-" he stopped me from rolling up the window, "he say girl stubborn so if she go somewhere one of us go with her."

I laughed. That was pretty funny. So I'm stubborn, huh? At least he knows me.

He wasn't going to back down and disobey Aubrey, so I let him come along. I guess it was also an order for him to drive if he was accompanying me. He opened the door and made me walk around to the passengers side. Oh well, whatever it takes to get out of the house for a few hours.