Chapter Twenty-Three

Lisedi

I had felt Aubrey kiss my forehead, again. He loved me, I know he did. I just find it hard to believe that you can truly love someone and lie to their face every single day. But I guess that was something he was good at.

I did my morning routines before going downstairs. Seeing these people made me sick. They gave Aubrey the idea to use me, and that hurt. I didn't wanna talk to any of them, except my sister. I just wanted to eat and go back upstairs.

Gisela approached me, "How are you feeling?"

"Fine," I sighed.

"Chubbs wants to talk to you."

I folded my arms, "For what?"

"He just wants to explain things to you."

I looked over at him before looking back at Gisela.

"Please, Lizzy? Just be nice."

"Tell him to meet me in the dining room."

"Okay."

I made my way to the dining room, waiting on Chubbs.

He eventually walked in, sitting next to me.

I looked at him with a stern look, that I wasn't one to be played with. I wasn't happy with this situation.

"Firstly, I'd like to apologize for what happened with AG. We kind of forced him to play you, so that it can benefit us. And that was our bad, we're sorry for that."

I nodded, "Okay. That's fine."

"And honestly, he's been into you for a long ass time. And although he has hid a lot from you, he hid a lot from the guys. He would lie to them all the time just to go see you. So, you weren't the only one getting lied to."

"He would lie to his friends to go see me?"

"All the time. I understand you're mad but I haven't seen him this way with a girl in six years. And I'm not trying to pressure you into forgiving him, I just want to explain to you that Aubrey was trying his hardest to treat you the best he could under the circumstances."

"Well, I'm obviously still upset over the situation. So it'll be a while till I can happily look at Aubrey. But thank you for explaining things a little more."

"Yes, and I lastly want to apologize about Gisela. I know that's not something you approve of, but she's special to me."

"I'm fine with that. Just don't break her heart."

"I don't plan on it," he nodded, "so we cool?"

"Yeah," I held out my fist, "we're cool."

"Yay!" Gissy peeped her head around the door frame as we bumped fist, "thank God."

She walked in. I put my arm around her.

"You made it by me. Now explaining you two to mom and dad will be a whole different story," I said.

"Don't remind me," she rolled her eyes, "you're in the same boat."

"Dad may get it eventually. But mom," I shrugged, "we've been at odds for years. That'll be nothing new."

"What are you two getting into today?" Chubbs asked.

"Well, I was thinking that I could go teach Gissy how to work a gun."

"Oh really!" she clapped her hands together.

"You sound a little too excited," Chubbs raised his eyebrows.