Chapter Seventeen

Lisedi

"Sir, I'm gonna ask you once again to stand back and not interfere with the arrest."

He kept trying to look around me, inching forward towards my cousins who were arresting one of his friends, Todd Wheeler, for skipping court for a DUI issued almost a month ago.

6'3 white male of heavy build towering over me. Intimidation was never a factor on my end. The only man I fear is the Lord himself.

"They don't have to handle my boy like that?" his tone grew more aggressive, "Fuck them."

He was rowdy, belligerent and cocky. Like who the fuck were we to bust in his house and rouse up the neighborhood? Should've thought about that before a nearby informant tipped us off that you were housing someone with a warrant.

Aunt Carol and Uncle Jet were speaking with the consigner. Duane was keeping others at bay while Cameron and Randall searched Todd. We were in a small community in Scarborough. Very tight knit. So any time something went down, everybody was standing outside watching, shouting and telling us to fuck off. To them any type of enforcers of the law were enemies.

"We got cocaine," Randall radioed to us.

The guy I was trying to keep away heard it. That triggered something in him, because he completely lost it.

He attempted to charge past me, shouting all types of vulgarities at me and my family. I held my ground in front of him with my pepper ball gun in hand.

"Stay back-"

He put both hands on my chest and pushed me into the metal railing of the porch we were standing on. I grabbed on to him as I fell back, sending us both to the ground . He thought he had the advantage once he stood over me, but I quickly pointed my gun and fire to balls at his chest.

"Ahhhh, you fucking bitch," he groaned, dropping down to his knees and squeezing his eyes shut in pain.

I stood up just as my uncle came jogging over.

"I'm fine," I said before he could ask.

I gently rubbed my lower left back that sorta throbbed. That's definitely gonna be a nice bruise. Then there was a stinging sensation on my right side. A nice little gash from some frayed old wood sticking up from what we stood on. That's cool though, I like battle wounds. Especially when it comes with putting a ten thousand dollar bail jumper in the back seat of our car.

"You hit women mother fucker?!" Uncle Jet yelled at him as he continued to whine like a big ass baby, "you wanna fight you fight one of us men you coward son of a bitch."

Aunt Carol radioed us to round up. Cameron and Randall had Todd cuffed, searched and buckled in ready to be transported to the police department.

I knelt down to the guys level. My eyes were starting to burn from the spray being in the atmosphere but I could handle it. Part of my training was getting maced and tased by my uncle and cousins separately.

"Look, I may look like a cute little girl. Just a regular ol' bail agent, not a cop or anything right? That's where you got me fucked up. I'm the one bitch you don't wanna fuck with. I got some big ass balls. Only pussies put their hands on women...but now look who's on their knees?" I chuckled and pat his back, "have a fun time getting that shit out of your eyes. It's a pain in the ass."

My eyes burned for a good fifteen minutes. Not matter how much water I poured on them, you had to let the stuff run its course.

When we got back to the office, my first stop was the bathroom to wash my face with cool soapy washcloth. One I was relieved of that pain, I noticed that my vest was brushing against a tender part of my skin. I took it off and listed my shirt. Sure enough that throbbing for earlier had began to form itself a nice sized bruise of black and blue. The gash from the splints of wood had stained my shirt. I gave it a good cleaning with peroxide and threw a band aid on.