Chapter Forty-Six

Lisedi

We all dragged our suitcases from the house. A house that I will honestly miss. The circumstances were horrible, but this beautiful house helped me forget about the troubles most times. A house that was home for me and Aubrey. Living with him wasn't bad at all, and that's how I knew being with him forever wouldn't be a problem.

I was excited. We can finally go back. Back to our normal lives, back to our real home. I stuck next to Aubrey the whole car ride, holding onto him. I couldn't believe this was finally over. His fingers stroked my hair, his lips kissed my forehead. Colombian police drove two cars, bringing us all to the airport safe.

Once we got there, there were two Canadian detectives just like my uncle had said. They were ready to aboard the plane with us. And I knew as soon as we got back to Canada they were going to interrogate the fuck out of us.

One of them eyed me while we got onto the plane.

"Lisedi Scott?" He said.

"Yes?" I stopped and motioned Aubrey to walk past me and find seats.

"I'm Detective Carlson. You came here with all these people?"

"I came here with my husband. They followed afterward for support of keeping us comfortable," I displayed a nonchalant look on my face.

"And your kidnapper was fine with that?"

"He was fine with anything as long as I didn't snitch," I wrinkled my eyebrows, "I'm sorry, am I being interrogated already? Isn't that for the police station?"

He nodded, "Okay. I was just curious."

"Alright. Can I sit down now?"

"You certainly can."

I rolled my eyes as I turned away. Aubrey saved me a seat next to him on the inside. He sneaked in a booty grab as I slid past him to sit down

"What did they ask you?" He said lowly.

"They're curious about why all the other guys are here, too. I told them they flew in to help us feel comfortable," I whispered in his ear.

"Got it," he nodded. He grabbed my hand before kissing it.

The plane ride was smooth. I fell asleep a few times. Woke up a few times to see Aubrey drinking or eating a snack and I stole sips and bites whenever I could. He would chuckle at me. He was warm. Falling asleep on him made sleeping on the plane comfortable.

Interrogation. We were tired as fuck from the flight, since it was so long and early in the morning. They had me and Aubrey in separate rooms, grilling us down. I just hope he says all the right things.

"Now, my partner noticed you whispering something to Mr. Aubrey Graham, would you mind telling us what that was?" A tall, dark woman looked down at me. Her name was Detective Loney.

"I do mind, because I don't have to tell you a word that my husband told me."

"Husband? I don't see anything about you and him being married."

"I have a marriage certificate if you need it. Anything that was said between me and him will stay between me and him. Not that we have anything to hide but, it's a shame to invade our privacy like that."

Detective Loney's eyes traveled to my sparkling ring on my left hand.

"Pull the paper work on that please," she asked asked Detective Carlson. He nodded and stepped out.

"So tell me exactly how you got all the way in San Gil, Colombia Ms. Scott? Last thing I heard you and your Aubrey Graham took off after his warrant was issued. And to think, the court gave you their trust in apprehending these people, not aiding and abetting them."