Chapter Forty-Three

Gisela

Pop! Pop!

A sharp, loud noise startled me as I stood in the bathroom in front of the mirror French braiding my hair. There was an eerie calm that followed. I got a weird feeling in my the pit of my stomach.

I poked my head out of the door into the bedroom just as Chubbs was running out into the hallway. He made sure to close the door behind him.

What in the hell was going on? He dipped out like the house was on fire. Of course I followed. He wasn't the only person that rushed out. All the guys were running downstairs with guns in their hands.

Those were gunshots I heard? It was starting to piece together in my head.

I looked over the banister and saw Aubrey standing near my sister. Both were looking at a body on the floor. Lizzy had a gun in her hand, still drawn.

My feet had a mind of their own. I jetted down the stairs as fast as they could take me.

"Go back upstairs!" Chubbs stopped me once I reached the last step.

"No! My sister-"

"She's fine," he continued to move in front of me when I tried to look around him, "Gissy go back upstairs. This is nothing for you to see."

Somehow I got around him. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a bright crimson trail oozing on the hardwood floor. It came from underneath the body of a woman dressed like Diana usually would be, but it definitely wasn't her.

My heartbeat picked up. I've never seen a dead body before and here it was right in front of me.

"Lisedi did you...did you kill her?"

She looked at me a had the coldest stare. It chilled my bones. I've never seen her look like that.

She tucked her gun in the waistband of her pants, "Go away Gisela. You don't need to see this!"

The way she yelled scared me. Tears welled up in my eyes. I turned around and ran back up to mine and Chubbs bedroom.

Gissy...Gisssy...Gissy...

"Gis!"

I shot up at the sound of my name. Lisedi was looking right at me when I turned around. I jumped back with my hand over my heart.

"Holy shit. You scared me," I caught my breath.

"You okay?" she looked at me questionably, "you were tossing, turning and sweating like hell."

"I'm...I'm okay. Just a bad dream."

She frowned, "Are you sure?"

I nodded. Looking at her made me feel uneasy. It reminded me of the dream. It reminded me of what she had done.

"Um, I'm gonna call Aubrey to come back in here, okay?" I sat up.

"Why?" She wrinkled her eyebrows.

"I just think it's time I get out of you guys' way... I'll be good by myself," I looked at the time on my phone. 1 am.

"Gissy, what happened in that dream?"

You killed someone and it replayed in my dream... Or nightmare. I feel weird being around you right now.

"Nothing, Lizzy, I'm fine," I got up grabbing my cellphone.

"You're lying to me," she frowned.

I walked around the bed, to her side. I kissed her cheek, "I love you," I played it off.