Chapter Twenty-One

Aubrey

I wasn't expecting that from her at all. She sped by the station going no less that 80 mph. Her eyes were focused. She had gotten rid of her radio, bobbed and weaved her way through traffic. Her driving skills were A-1 on some Fast and Furious type shit. We lost her fam about five minutes into it. They must have hesitated on calling the police, because none were in sight.

She drove for about twenty minutes. It was tough to watch her in the rear view mirror. She was fighting back tears most of the time and looking so stressed out. I felt like shit. I wanted to be the man who makes her happy. Seeing her like this fucked with me bad.

We stopped on the side of a dark ass country road. She jumped out of the car and walked around to swing my door open.

"Out," she ordered, clenching a set of keys in her hand.

I slid out, somewhat stumbling onto the grass in attempt to maintain my balance. She came behind me and unlocked the cuffs, clipping them back on her belt.

"I'll drive," I grabbed her hand before she went back to the drivers side, "give me your phone. I need to call the guys."

She glared at me for a minute, then took it out of her back pocket, shoved it against my chest and snatched her hand away. She stormed off to the passenger's seat and slammed the door shut.

Fuck. She fucking hates me. How in the hell am I going to fix this?

I had to shake it off for the time being and focus. I called CJ and Niko to meet us with a new vehicle. We needed to ditch this one as soon as possible.

When Lisedi first called me with the news, I had Ryan get in contact with Sergio and get a jet ready to go out of the country in case it was needed. I'm glad that I was proactive because now was that time.We had to get out of Toronto. All of us. Colombia would be perfect. I had plenty of connects there to hold us down until we figured shit out.

The jet would be set and ready to go at midnight. Three hours from now.

I drove for another forty-five minutes, pulling over on an old abandoned property right outside the city limits of Kitchener, a city a little over an hour west of Toronto.

Lisedi wouldn't look at me, let alone speak to me. Not since she decided to run. I wanted to explain everything to her, but I knew she wasn't trying to hear it at all.

Who the fuck dropped the dime on me? Travis? Who? Whomever it is, as soon as I find out I swear I'm body bagging them.

CJ and Niko pulled up thirty minutes later, each in separate cars. I took the keys to the Camero and gave them specific instructions on packing some shit up for me from my crib and getting everyone ready to move out at midnight. We were all going to Colombia. Not only did I have to protect Lisedi and myself, but my crew too.

Niko slipped me one of my guns and extra magazines. At this point, it was imperative to play it safe.

OB called and confirmed an arrangement for a motel in Kitchener for Lisedi and I to hide out in until it was time to move. The rest of the guys would meet us at the private air strip.

Lisedi had her back turned to us standing a few feet away. Looking at her reminded me to call Tatiana and get her to pack up some shit for her. She had key to her apartment as well. I made the conversation very brief. She replied with a simple okay and hung up, picking up on the seriousness of the issue from my tone.

Niko and CJ rolled out, leaving Lisedi and I once again. Just the two of us. Her not speaking or looking my direction.

I looked at her car. It was too intact. I didn't want this to look like this was her idea, even though it was. There had to be signs of a struggle somewhere.